5 posts in this topic

Ok, somebody had to post here first in 09! While I'm learning to cast with the 10wt. outfit I set up first I bought a nice 9wt. reel from Colton Fly. I asked my flyrod buddies/experts? what kind of rod and the answer I got was you don't need to spend real big $$

My 10wt. is a 2-peice lamiglass that i got unused for $60 and put an Albright reel on it(not real high$). I've been told that a 2-peice rod will not really effect my casting for salt fly work and I'm not going to take it apart anyway. So give me some suggestions if you have some and I'll continue to practice with the 10wt. :coffee2:

Edited by captcl
still can't type

lots of good choices out there

impartial to st croix

but temple fork has great reviews and customer service.

take your reel to a local dealer, let him put it on some different rods in your price range, and see what feels right

Thanks mdram. I plan on doing just that at the Salisbury Fly shop and possibly Winchester Creek (up on Kent Is.). i read some reveiws on various "side by side comparisons and found (they found) that the Albright rods scored well for the $$! Since I can buy from them direct online at considerable $ savings I am seriously considering them. One thing still worries me, why do all the more expensive/better? rods come in 4,&5 peice? 2 piece works for me, will effect my casting? I've been told for saltwater boat stuff not to worry about that.:coffee:

Edited by captcl
can't type for sh............................

winchester creek is closing or has closed, etter call first

mason at salisbury will treat you right

i only have 1 4 peice, its a 4wt and i dont notice any difference in that and my 2 pc rods

you should hit albright a month ago, they had 50-70% off the end of year stock :)

They just e-mailed me about a new sale! Thanks for the response. I thought winchester looked different when i drove by! I'll buythe2-piece ! :happy4: