19 posts in this topic

Things are slow here in the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet SC area this time of year...

Fishing Reports

Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area Fishing Report

Fishing the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach area is seasonal with the fishing a little slow for March til the middle of April.

Mid April, the fishing starts to pick-up for some Flounder and Red Drum. Everything[Fishing] is always weather related in Murrells Inlet and Myrtle Beach the sooner the water temp. gets in the 60's the fishing will get better.

Late April thru December is always a good time for fishing for Red Drum, the bait moves in and the fishing turns on.

June, July and August, the water temp is getting rite for ALL fishing in the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach areas! Everything is good at the beach!

People are out in the sun,shopping,fishing and the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach area is hopping!

August and September the Spanish and King Mackerel are on the beach and can be caught live baiting along the coast.

We often catch them at the jetties or 3-mile reef or trolling with planners and spoons.

Fishing at Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach during the summer months you never know what you are going to hook-up with so expect to catch a anything while fishing,maybe even a SHARK.

For all you that like catching Trout, Weakfish Trout are plentiful sometimes around Sept/ Oct.

While the true Winter Trout only starts when the water temps start dropping in to the 60's and lower.

I'm Capt Shannon Currie and hope you have a great fishing experience while fishing in Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach please call or visit the site below if you need more info.There you will find all fishing info and pictures.

05.jpg.7ad5177e259daf34151923693f2912a3.

Edited by Sam
trimmed up the text a bit / fixed broken link

Hello everybody from Murrells Inlet SC. The weather has been perty good lately and hope the season will kick off soon. With the nice warm days the water temps should rise and the bait fish will move in. The water temps are in the 50's still but as soon as it gets to the mid 60's things should be good.

A few Flounder have been caught but still all small. Red Drum have shown up at the rocks but not any numbers..as I have mentioned fishing is seasonal here in the Myrtle Beach area so just hold on a little longer and things will get better. Hope you all have a great stay while in Myrtle Beach or the Murrells Inlet area..

DSC00025.jpg.1002aac23c697cdf052ccf75763

Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet Fishing

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Well what a long winter it has been.....but yesterday was the first trip of the season and I was a little worried. Not much has been being caught in Murrells Inlet with the water still in the 50's and no bait had shown up. But I got a call, some guys from Charlotte <acronym title="North Carolina">NC</acronym> wanted to give it a try. I told them it was SLOW this time of year but they insisted on going and I'm glad they did... We got into a small school and pulled them steady for about a hour. They all thought I was messing with them when I told them it would be slow but by stoke of luck we found some. There was no bait to be found , I'm glad I bought some Mud Minnows from Perry's Bait on Hwy 17 Bus. Murrells Inlet Sat. morning.. The Red Drum we caught were on average 25in. All were return to fight another day. As I mentioned,the bait has not made it this far up the beach yet so you will need to buy "Mudders" if you hope to catch some fish. Looks like the weather is going to crap Monday and get cooler this week. Hope it don't ruin the fishing. If you in Murrells Inlet and need bait we have 2 stores, Perry's and Inlet Bait and Convinence,they both are great folks and have everything you will need to fish Murrells Inlet. Wishing you a great trip to the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area and be safe out there...

dsc00125.jpg.2ed7f69727e56c5516e82557a99

dsc00126.jpg.b10a7d1a9c7a047bf8e3a659a3e

dsc00112.jpg.659f144413bc22f72d68156a97e

Capt.Shannon Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet Fishing

Is this March weather or what.....? Somebody turn off the fan so we can get back to fishing in Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet.....here's the forcast.

Tonight

N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft...building to 5 to 7 ft after midnight. Showers and tstms.

Mon

NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 6 to 8 ft... building to 6 to 9 ft in the afternoon. Near shore...seas 4 to 5 ft. Showers and tstms in the morning... then showers likely in the afternoon.

Mon Night

NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 7 to 9 ft...subsiding to 6 to 9 ft after midnight. Near shore...seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers in the evening...then a slight chance of showers after midnight.

Tue

NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft... subsiding to 5 to 7 ft in the afternoon. Near shore...seas 3 to 4 ft. A slight chance of showers.

Tue Night

NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft...subsiding to 4 to 6 ft after midnight. Near shore...seas around 3 ft.

Wed

NE winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming E 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...building to 6 to 9 ft.

Thu

Se winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft... subsiding to 5 to 8 ft. A chance of showers. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms.

I mean what's up with this weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks,just for a up date,the bait has shown up in numbers this Month and some Flounder Red Drum and even some trout have been caught. It's starting to look like Summer has finaly got here. It's 95 and 100% humidity...........Hope you can make it to the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area this summer and if you do take advantage of going fishing if you can. Good fishing to all..clear.gif

dsc00123.jpg.5d1fb55e75917a8452b7d644349

dsc00128.jpg.7f65792fd0ab3e0ccc5fce2a2ba

<acronym title="South Carolina"></acronym>

Nice fish. I know what you mean about the weather. :dontknow:

Thanks for the report :icon_thumright:

Lots of bait is showing up in the area. Finger mullet just started getting the right size and was the ticket today. Caught 6 Very nice Reds over 27in. Keep 2 at 20. Come on dow and we will give it a try......

Shannon Currie, Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet Fishing

dsc00148.jpg.23b7353baf242465c6c4332a91b

dsc00152.jpg.49ea72fac9633f90653ed769ef7

dsc00161.jpg.1d2a96a91732d59df2b29bccccc

dsc00170.jpg.204bef6a8104f488d639ba29def

dsc00182.jpg.d8436d349ec8caa77b284998b58

How long do the Reds stay up in there?

I plan to get down there this summer.

Does the Mullet stay all summer too?

Reds are here til Dec. The mullet are around as long as the water stays above 65 or so. The Trout are the target Nov. Thru Dec....................

2 days of good back to back fishing in the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area.....Yesterday had a birthday girl and she put on a show...Flounder,cobia and Red Drum.. Today a dad and son combo did just as well....3 Red Drum,Spanish Macks,Cobia and a Flounder also. But I must say the fishing was a little slow and they made us work for them. In the end it's always worth it to see the girls and kids smile.......It didn't hurt to be a little lucky also..............:icon_surprised:

dsc00231.jpg.8d6f7fe3ef2c2f75c1b973a6547

dsc00233.jpg.4b12949134082a830115e6064c3

dsc00232.jpg.83ae3ce18cef5138b9c669a5643

dsc00235.jpg.06c619ce4e954b838bdb9292d74

dsc00229.jpg.c71b7865e4b790b769c52a95e8c

Hey now, just got off the water from a last minute call and it worked out well. A group fron NYC came to town and wanted some southern fishing.. Well we left the dock about 11:30 and didn't know what might happen but all came out fine. 2 Cobia and 3 Red Drum made their day[and mine] !!!

One girl had never even been on a boat till today and she was our lucky charm. She caught a 27in. Red Drum and screamed her head off........

I was so glad to see a first timer do so well.

dsc00233.jpg.ba6599e203adabdaa701cb35054

dsc00242.jpg.770f736bfbacbecb1ebbd80b0ec

Hang in there gang.......it's almost time to get that rod and reel out and get with the program..It's been a hard cold winter and I'm ready to get back to fishing myself. Look forward to seeing you here in Murrells Inlet and the Myrtle Beach area. Fishing will get good about the middle of April and only get better from there. So I hope to see you soon !! Good fishing to all from Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach SC Capt. Shannon/Murrells Inlet SC:hello:

We are about to kick off the season in April for the 2010 Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Fishing :icon_thumright: I hope if you make it to the Myrtle Beach area you will find it to be all you are looking for. Fishing will be a little slow to start but will get better as the summer goes. If you need any info on the fishing,charters or sites to see please give us a call and will be happy to help. Fishing the Myrtle Beach and Murrells inlet area,tight lines to all........Capt. Shannon/Murrells Inlet SC

dsc00231.jpg.52820ddff1d0b6039a2947a9f6a

dsc00238.jpg.5fb170cac35865db921f55c426b

dsc00242.jpg.127d9c1ffb6e92c70bbe0fa3f23

The fish season has started this week with some very nice weather for the Myrtle beach /

Murrells Inlet area. I hope you have a great vacation while at the Beach and if you decide to try Fishing give us a call or come walk the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. We hope to see you there...

Fishing Myrtle Beach/ Murrells Inlet SC Capt. Shannon

5852a5906ae9e_003_00A(2).jpg.d7b0755a6f4

how good is it off the surf is it about the same .... what baits are you usin off the beach

Hey guys......it's been awhile so I thought I best check in.. Fishing started out well this year whith lots of bait and nice weather. From there it's been down hill...:angry5: The heat is on,the bait is gone and the good people that have been on charters have been very understanding.... This is the Dog days of summer and it's tough but the fall is just around the bend and hope to make up for the drought and get the big ones when they come thru. Last Sept. the Red Drum came thru about the 15th and it was on for the rest of the season and hope the same happens again. I hope the new boat will come thru this week. I got another pontoon ,people seem to like it and I do as well. Maybe I will have better news soon....:icon_rambo:

It's been tough across the board this year..... the bait of choice is finger mullet or manhayden..

Hello guys from WINDY AND COLD Myrtle Beach SC....sorry it has been so long on any reports...just slack !! Anyway, the season is here and we getting ready for what we hope to be a good one. Not much to report yet just checking in. Last year was a good year come June,till then the bait was SLOW getting here. As soon as some bait shows the fish will be with them...I hope to post much more this season Sam....You have to come down and get you some......Thanks for a great site and will be posting as soon as it happens... Capt. Shannon Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet SC