8 posts in this topic

Well,

Went through my Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program records for the 2008 year today and I ended up tagging the following fish:

Red Drum - 144

Flounder - 115

Sea Bass - 13

Black Drum - 8

Speck. Trout - 4

Cobia - 2

19 out of these 286 fish were recaptured at some point which equates to about a 7% recapture rate which is actually a touch high when compared to the VGTP reapture rate of around 5% I beleive.

Most of the flounder were recaptured in the same area, while some of my Red Drum were recaptured all the way down past the OBX just a few days later!

Not bad for my first year and considering all of my fish were tagged from the beach or pier, none by boat! Couple of times, I left my tagging gun at home and could have kicked myself for it!

Hope to increase it some this year, by utilizing my reports, logs and tag data from 2008 which I should get a ton of info from.

Now RACN, what did you end up with???? I would think you should get the #1 spot for Sea Bass for the VGTP this year!

Not on the cobia, they were just pup's when I caught them, so it will be interesting if someone does to see migration and growth rate!

Nice Steve, I thought I did good on flounder but almost all mine came from boat or yak.

Nice Steve, I thought I did good on flounder but almost all mine came from boat or yak.

What's really amazing is that out of those tagged fish, 80% if not a touch higher all came from on base at NOB!

Really curious to see if those 10" to 16" flounder come backk there this year.

What's really amazing is that out of those tagged fish, 80% if not a touch higher all came from on base at NOB!

Really curious to see if those 10" to 16" flounder come backk there this year.

If what I have heard is true, they will and you will recover a lot of your own tags.

On a different subject, can you bring guest out there or do they have to be DOD?

Not inviting myself, just curious.:)

If what I have heard is true, they will and you will recover a lot of your own tags.

On a different subject, can you bring guest out there or do they have to be DOD?

Not inviting myself, just curious.:)

Heard the same thing myself!

I can bring you on at any time...If you do anything crazy, I don't know who the heck you are!:evil6:

We will have to fish it when it gets going!

Well,

Went through my Virginia Game Fish Tagging Program records for the 2008 year today and I ended up tagging the following fish:

Red Drum - 144

Flounder - 115

Sea Bass - 13

Black Drum - 8

Speck. Trout - 4

Cobia - 2

Now RACN, what did you end up with???? I would think you should get the #1 spot for Sea Bass for the VGTP this year!

Red Drum - 82 (6 citations)

Flounder - 973

Sea Bass - 418

Black Drum - 22 (2 citations)

Speck. Trout -26

Cobia - 1 (1 citation)