8 posts in this topic

My friend and I went to the Bulkhead on Saturday (day after the fling) to have some more comfortable fishing while we recover from the cold rain we had at AI. Well, it rained even harder than it did the night before, but we still caught some tog. Below is the best one - a 5lb 10oz 20 inch Tog my friend Dzmitry got on the incoming tide before the rain hit. Would you believe this is his first ever Tog? Guess you'd call it beginner's luck :)

dp_tog_656.jpg.547564b7cf196e5096cb1405e

hey your in my spot!

i like fishin that end too

nice tog

Great catch! Good eatin too.

Great looking fish! I've been fishing at O.C. for close to 40 years and tog fishing is one thing I have never done. I'd like to try for those bait stealers this year. If I can pry myself away from the surf.

Nice catch guys :up: Barb and I over-slept on saturday, thats why you didn't get a call from me. what time were you there? we fished there @2:00pm on saturday but got snagged and broke-off 3 times in 3 cast so we called it quits and went and had lunch at Dave's place when the rains came 8)

you were there at 2pm??? Really? We were there from maybe around then 1or 2pm through 9pm - Must have either just missed you or we didn't see each other. Strange though its not a big place! Anyway, we stuck it out through the rain cause we were still getting bites. Was a little scary when I heard the thunder though.

I actually wanted to take a break fro dinner and go to Dave's place, but was persuaded to skip dinner and keep fishin...

I'll have to make it a point to head to Snapper's next time around.

you were there at 2pm??? Really? We were there from maybe around then 1or 2pm through 9pm - Must have either just missed you or we didn't see each other. Strange though its not a big place! Anyway, we stuck it out through the rain cause we were still getting bites. Was a little scary when I heard the thunder though.

I actually wanted to take a break fro dinner and go to Dave's place, but was persuaded to skip dinner and keep fishin...

I'll have to make it a point to head to Snapper's next time around.

well it might not have been 4th street but.......

damn it, I knew I should have given you a call when we got into OC saturday, now Im pissed :x we were at the bulkhead that was protected from the east wind by the condo, not the one behind the baseball field oh well, we'll hook-up again :v: