5 posts in this topic

What do you think?

<embed pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://cdn.necn.com.s3.amazonaws.com/avp.swf?sj@0KwGB~4Ob{sne3xw:.1@UIoVE&j6zd#jawJk:Pooo!5341cA8YKpoUZr')nEU*a$a5`jO/hC@F/F>THL|]b&=v5b=?>-R';z=70jvSobLvz Ba<5;LfeaGl?;)x8MO@T9}q9a*VAXD5Bg V,Yw'<LBXl>D419-:2.2qZ.E$Dz(ZrzFcIT(<PuG. c6*6OGv57~.918m&krpC1_q6^p0&x]L<I_~Bqq#p<CWNaB)^SLqt}*AiJrQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="320" height="240"></embed>

I support a recreational saltwater lisc on a STATEWIDE level. $25 these days is a lot tighter but, (and I'm not trying to stir the pot here) that's a drop in the bucket to what I pay in fees to run a small boat charter operation not to mention the $120.00 + all of us here will have to shell out to fish the surf on Assateaque. Even at the state level it does not all get back to the fishery! $.02:coffee2:

I oppose a salt ticket. We want the youth to get into fishing so that they may protect the resource. Imposing fee after fee after fee will only keep them away. There are ppl out there that may fish one time a year simply because they cannot afford to get to the beach more than that. Chuck another $25 charge at them per person is crazy.

Fewer ppl fishing actually means less money for the bait & tackle, rentals, and state tax for fishing supplies. That means fewer ppl keeping an eye on the natural resources, or abusing them because they didn't learn.

This shouldn't be compared to commercial operators, they (in theory) make money from the venture.

If it is enacted, they should do like NC or DE (I think) and keep the monies local to where the permit was purchased. At least that's what they said they were going to do.

In no way should any fishing permit be federal.

I think the news had it wrong, don't remember the wording.

As for Assateague, I haven't decided if I want to give those vultures money for this year, may move to better pastures.

Have not heard of how much it would be,I love fishing,and taking kids fishing is my favorite,(They are more fun and easy to please).I get a boat license to cover all people fishing on my boat.Kids and retired should be exempt for sure.A working man should be able to take his family fishing without it costing him an arm and a leg.A family of 5 add it up.

As it says above, $25.

I posted a link to the full details from NOAA earlier this evening in another thread.