14 posts in this topic

Just bought these very cool blue led rod tip lights from Harbor Tackle and very cost effective that shine right down on your reel,,,2 lights with 4 extra batteries for $13,,,should last all year and then some,,,look forward to trying them out tonight.

Coop, can ya take a pic of the lights or point me to a link that shows them?

I had a LED tip rig that I made up and tried last year. Need to micro-size it a bit though.

Sam asked me what that black box was on the butt end, it's the batteries...

Maybe go with a wach battery instead, had way too much juice (and size).

Steve, I'll take a pic tomorrow,,,they use those small round batteries,,,the way the sit on the rod tip, the beam of light should shine right to the reel,,,I'll find out more late tonight when I try them,,,cant wait to try them and hopefully get into a striper :D tonight.

watch out that you don't fling them into the ocean I did that once, so make sure it is attached really good, and good luck fishing.

Coop,

I have these also. I attached them with electrical tape. They will shing a blue light in the sand 3' around. Pretty cool lights.

Phil, I owe you thank you for letting me know Bev had these,,,I have been looking for this kind of rod tip lights for a while,,,never knew she had them,,,I may attach just the plastic piece (female end), not the light, with thread and epoxy,,,thanks again :up:

Kutch turned me on to them about a month ago. Bright little light. Don't have any excuses not to fish all night now...

Welcome GoBow :D ,,,I just put them on before I head out tonight,,,they are some bright little blue beacons.

I used yellow super bright LEDs on my rod.

Just soldered a resistor to the lead and shrink tubed it then velcro strapped it on the tip.

Any other colors Coop?

I would like to see green, yellow, blue and red.

That way if someone else sees the hit they can say the color and you'll go to the correct rod.

But I guess if you are Randy, you'll need 32 colors!

(remind myself to buy stock in BassPro)

:mrgreen: :cowboy:

Hey Randy, your chartruse/opal/orange just took a hit!

(or maybe it was the cyan/magenta rod...)

Now I got me 9 (more) Penn Slammers for some more reels.

Nobody's buyin' 'em so I guess I'll use 'em.

Coop,

Right back at ya! You guys have given me lots of great information. I hope you got into something good last night.

I used yellow super bright LEDs on my rod.

Just soldered a resistor to the lead and shrink tubed it then velcro strapped it on the tip.

Any other colors Coop?

I would like to see green, yellow, blue and red.

That way if someone else sees the hit they can say the color and you'll go to the correct rod.

But I guess if you are Randy, you'll need 32 colors!

(remind myself to buy stock in BassPro)

:mrgreen: :cowboy:

Hey Randy, your chartruse/opal/orange just took a hit!

(or maybe it was the cyan/magenta rod...)

Now I got me 9 (more) Penn Slammers for some more reels.

Nobody's buyin' 'em so I guess I'll use 'em.

:lol::lol: good point Steve but only 2 are surf rods(for now atleast) :oops: oh.... and by the end of this week, it will be 33 as Im in need of another trolling rod n reel 8)

Here is the pic of the light,,,these are very bright blue and would think they would last at least a year with the 2 extra batteries that come with it,,,you can see the 2 batteries in the actual light,,,the other end goes on your rod and, like phil said earlier, tape actually worked great in holding them in place,,,there is one down fall, with the light facing down, the beam of light can shine in your eyes if your looking at the rod tip, which I do often, before casting,,,I think thats just a habit I have gotten into, but even with that minor flaw, I would have to give these things a :up: ,,,I guess I could always turn the light around and have it shoot straight up in the air but it casts a cool circle around your spike facing down,,,I am glad I finally found them since I do more night fishing than day fishing.

Steve, as far as colors, I know they sell them in red but I think they are made by a different company and actually cost $12 for one,,,much better deal with the blue 2 for $13,,,not sure if this company makes a variety of colors,,,you may check with harbor tackle, she may have an idea.

rodtiplight_725.jpg.a47e9cfb6684563eb707

Tried those things shining down and they drove me nuts. They would blind me everytime I went to cast when I tried to see my bait off the rod tip before casting. I now use them with the light shining up. I love the cool color

i use a light called a nite brite it's a small led and last about 20hours they come in red yellow and green price is about 3.19 at Dicks. I use the red alot ... hope this helps out..