10 posts in this topic

Hopped aboard the "Alway's Something" today with Capt. George and Bucket. Departed from Little Creek and headed to Cape Henry.

As we drew near the line, I noticed some birds and we began marking some nice bait in 45'-60' of water. Bucket and I put out the spread of Mojo's, Parachutes, Tomic's and a Strech 30 all in chartreuse.

Didn't take long before the Mojo on the bottom went down. I grabbed the rod and pulled in a nice healthy 36" rockfish. felt good considering 2008 was an abismal year for me with rockfish.

About 20 minutes later, Bucket get's a hook up on a rod and pulls in a 38" rockfish on the stretch 30 which was way back.

Bucket and I traded fish again with me pulling in another one around 38" and Bucket got a nice fat 44" slob. Capt. then stepped to the back of the boat and got himself a nice 37" as well to finish the day.

At about 11am the bait and bite ceased, so we packed up and headed in around noon.

Total was 5 fish today between 36" and 44" all of which were fat and healthy. One had a 12" menhaden in his belly which he had just eaten, the rest had menhaden as well.

Lure of choice today was the parachute with trailer!

Bucket's 44":

dixie719-albums-dixie-s-fishing-pic-s-picture267-bucket-44-striper.jpg

Today's catch:

dixie719-albums-dixie-s-fishing-pic-s-picture269-cape-henry-1-4-09-catch.jpg

A few more pic's from yesterday!

5852a534589cf_CapeHenry1-4-09001.jpg.32a

5852a5345dd4a_CapeHenry1-4-09008.jpg.a5b

5852a5346248a_CapeHenry1-4-09004.jpg.aee

Edited by Sam

Very nice! Great catching, guys. :icon_thumleft:

Purty work! Capt George has been a fish magnet!

We zigged instead of zagged. Concentrated on soaking eels at the ES for a good while, when we skidaddled to the Cape but the bite had died.

Glad you got the 2009 skunk off!

How many hit the MD lures?

Edited by ns4d757

Nice pics & report girls !! Long ago when I put marks number in i lkeft off the 757 so the whole number showed instead of "bucket" when he called........y'all did well considering what many other did NOT get !!

I was already up river when you guys called......catt'n of course....our 3 biggest were 46, 53 and a 56 pounder.....

NOT a 60 like planned......I will, I will.....I need a new good luck charm for a 60 pounder.....wanna go Sam ? :happy6:

I was already up river when you guys called......catt'n of course....our 3 biggest were 46, 53 and a 56 pounder.....

NOT a 60 like planned......I will, I will.....I need a new good luck charm for a 60 pounder.....wanna go Sam ? :happy6:

Keep it up and I'm gonna be sittin in your boat early one morning with my can of earthworms! :icon_salut:

Dixie,

Thanks for posting the rockin' Cape Henry report w/ Capt. George. However, hate to see ya ruin such a good post with them pics of my ugly mug :icon_scratch:

Ms. Jamie agreed given what we observed first hand, we were fortunate to do as well as we did :glasses2: You take Sam-I-Am fishin' you'll get that 60+ cat either way just a matter of :clock:

An Atlantic Anglers HNY`09 and a tip from ol'Dixie "It ain't no use, if it ain't chartruse."

Boat Ho `bucket

Dixie Steve rockin' at the Cape and Capt. George w/the catch :icon_thumleft:

5852a5349582f_DixieRockinCH.jpg.9e5451d3

CG.jpg.63eb21305baedd4bf544a5b7d455b1cb.

Edited by Sam

Pretty work Mark and Steve, its good to be reminded of what a real striper looks like.