12 posts in this topic

Chilly out there, rain, winds and seemingly fewer fish.

Or are there?

There are just as many out there as there were a week, two or three weeks ago, even a month ago. They ARE there.

We don't hear about it as much simply because fewer folks are going out and braving the wind, rain and sometimes downright butt-cracking cold!

Load up with some firewood and a few layers of clothes topped with Gore-Tex. Grab a pot of coffee or other favorite beverage along with some food and get out there!

There are far fewer people, you pretty much have your choice of where you want to fish.

This applies to the shore, back bays, rivers and other tributaries.

Remember, there are still hogs at the CBBT, so the stuff is out there!

Let us know about the conditions and how you stayed warm. And of course, any catch!

Enjoy!!

Fished yesterday from 1pm until 5pm from the beach...1 short.

I know Dave, I can't spray it though, might short out the laptop. :D

Has anyone heard of any fish caught on the route 50 bridge in the last week or so. I was planning on making a trip down tonight and didn't know if it would be worth my while. I know it was pretty slow there most of december which is odd. I'm just hoping theres a late school of pigs coming through.

thanks,

Justin

I hope someone has some information on this. I am interested in how many have been caught and how many are usually pulled from the bridge this time of the year.

That is crazy! There must be a crazy number of stripers out there.

I wonder what kind of fine this knuckle head will get considering it is his second offense in less than a week?

:angryfire:

It would be nice if they had an increment fine system. Second time caught? Double fine!

Second time in a set period of time?

Five times the fine!

Over yearly allocation and still fishing?

Ten thousand smackers!

Over yearly quota and had already been caught, now this is violation #3?

Confiscation of boat and EVERYTHING on it!

Basically, every time you violate, you should get strikes. These weren't accidental violations, he knew he was over quota, outside the time frame AND did it yet again.

Strike three, you are out!

Can you imagine all the fines they would cook up if a person on the beach had a shortie, and had his dog loose?

Fished tues 1/6, on AI from9am until 3pm one short 25", didnt see another sole fishing. Winds were NE water looked fishy but NO keepers.:confused1: At least no skunk.

HPIM1137.jpg.cbff641f6ce307b5f503e6af7ed

Edited by Sam
Please use our picture upload feature. Thanks

So I decided to head down to the 50 bridge on Wed night. Unfortunately the weather wasn't being very cooperative. On the ride down (only 30 min) i was hoping the rain would stop but no dice. Decided to stop at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Berlin</st1:place></st1:State> walmart to buy a new rain suit. Then off i go with my brother. We get there and surprisingly there was another fisherman out there weathering the storm. We fished for about 2 hours with only 1 hit on my rod but i missed it :angryfire:<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>, nothing for my brother. We did see 3 other guys come out but they only last about a 1/2 an hour. The wind was blowing from the SW at at least 25 mph. Fortunately the temperature was in the 50's so it wasn't too bad. I plan on making another trip over in the next week or so, hopefully I’ll have better luck next time. Story of my life.<o:p></o:p>

That's tough fishing, man. At least you tried!

Fished today from the beach...nothing for me, but one buddy caught a 27". Windy and cold in the early am.