8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, new to the forum and somewhat new to saltwater sportfishing. My Name is Derek, obviously, I live in Newport News and grew up in Yorktown. I'm 25 and married, I'm an ASE Certified Auto Mechanic who is now working for Cox Communications doing installations and repair calls. I'm quite good at Home Theater set up an installation so give me a buzz if you need any help with something like that. Aside from being completely consumed by fishing lately, I also like old cars/fast cars and am in the process of building a hot little motor for an old chevy truck. A buddy that I work with has a 50ft chesapeake dead rise that we go out on about every other week or so during the summer, great boat but SLOW. Just trying to meet new people with brains to pick so I can learn more. Always looking to HO so if any of you want someone to keep you company I'm off on wednesdays and thursdays and would love to go!

Welcome aboard, Derek! Fast cars, home theater and fishing.. I think you'll fit right in here!

Welcome!

Nice to have another Hampton Roads board member!

Look forward to wtting a line with ya in the future!!!!!

Howdy Derek!!!

You are living in a great fishing hole for salt water.

Lots of good info on here, hit the threads and search around. If you can't find what you need, just ask!

Enjoy!!!

Welcome aboard! Lots of great people to learn from on this site.

Welcome aboard Derek. Great folks here, enjoy the ride:3gears: