1 post in this topic

Boca Grande, Fl.

25 Dec. 2008

Typical winter weather decended upon us yesterday making spirits bright. Typical for us is 80 degrees and sunny. The fish loved it too.

Anglers fishing with me this week caught redfish, snook, seatrout, jacks and ladyfish. The best action came in the late morning each day.

Fen Sartorious, from Santa Fe, took lots of large lady fish and a very nice redfish on a Clouser minnow in Placida Harbor on Monday. Harry Davis joined Fen on Tuesday adding a few more redfish to the mix and a fine seatrout about 20 inches long. Seatrout fishing proved to be slow for the two day period. I beleive the cooler water drove he seatrout to deeper water.

The Cox family oddessy occured on Wednesday in Sarasota Bay when Capts. Ed & Kelly joined me to guide these crazy people to some fun fishing. The numbers were huge, but the species count is most interesting; trout, ladyfish, jacks, flounder, seabass, bluefish and a variety of small fish all made it to the boats. A fun day fro everyone.

Next week will improve due to warmer temperatures and strong tides. Expect the return of seatrout, more pompano and aggressive redfish. False Albacore (little tunny) will be running in the near-shore gulf. Watch for the birds and you'll find the tunny.

Fish Hard,

Capt. Pete