71 posts in this topic

Welcome aboard Red!

I see that bad mambajamma right there, tan, yeah?

Please, feel free to post in the newcomers area, tell us about your local fishun'!

We love hearin' about fishin' everywhere!

Welcome Red!!!! Glad I could turn you onto this crazy group we have here.....IF you think reading about yakkin out baits for sharks was fun, wait until you get a chance to do it :)

My name is Amanda and I just joined the boards a few days ago to try and learn as much as I can about surf fishing. My significant other Jim (ffemtreed) has been using the board as an invaluable resource for our new addiction.

We recently (over thanksgiving weekend) relocated to the Eastern Shore from Central Pennsylvania (Williamsport to be exact) We too fished for trout as much as possible while we lived there often several days each week we'd leave right after work and hit the Loyalsock or Lycoming Creeks.

We love it here, for those of you thinking of relocating, we can't say enough great stuff about the area, the people, and definitely the fishing. We frequent AI and have already started meeting people from the boards, and both look forward to meeting more people!

Beware: our two big VERY FRIENDLY dogs will be starting to be with us, hope you don't mind some drool! :)

Welcome aboard, fishin'girl. :)

Welcome to the forum fishin' girl!

The dog drool is welcome.

You'll have to teach them to dig very large holes right in front of Sam's poles at night.

LMAO!!!!!

My name is Chris ,Iam married and have two sons 7&12 I live in georgetown DE and will fish for anything that swims, but I am a diehard surffisherman anywhere from NY to NC . Always looking for someone to fish with , family and I love the beach.

My name is Chris ,Iam married and have two sons 7&12 I live in georgetown DE and will fish for anything that swims, but I am a diehard surffisherman anywhere from NY to NC . Always looking for someone to fish with , family and I love the beach.

Well, Welcome Aboard Chris:hello: glad you found us:icon_thumleft:

Hi all, my name is Mike Worth. I am originally from a suburb of Philadelphia, and moved to the Upper Eatern Shore of Maryland in 1989. I served 6 years in the US Coast Guard Reserves.

I am currently the Warehouse Supervisor for a company located in Chestertown, that supplies medical research facilities.

I live with my wife Chrissy and three kids 13, 9, and 3 on a farm outside of Chestertown that probably has one of Marylands best bass fisheries for a small pond about 2 acres or so.

I fish the upper Chesepeake Bay and Chester/Sassafrass Rivers alot, so I am fairly knowlegable about these areas. I am just getting into Surf fishing this year, and fished the inlet for the first time 2 weeks ago. I have realized that there is a lot more to surf fishing than I originally thought. But I am enjoying the learning process, even though I have yet to pull a fish from the surf.

My entire family enjoys catching fish, but my main fishing partner is my 9yr old boy, who enjoys everything about fishing not just catching them. He's got more patience than I do on a slow day. Whenever I have a fishing trip planned, he is already in the plans to go, he'll never say no, and generally out catches me 2 to 1.

Hi all, my name is Mike Worth. I am originally from a suburb of Philadelphia, and moved to the Upper Eatern Shore of Maryland in 1989. I served 6 years in the US Coast Guard Reserves.

I am currently the Warehouse Supervisor for a company located in Chestertown, that supplies medical research facilities.

I live with my wife Chrissy and three kids 13, 9, and 3 on a farm outside of Chestertown that probably has one of Marylands best bass fisheries for a small pond about 2 acres or so.

I fish the upper Chesepeake Bay and Chester/Sassafrass Rivers alot, so I am fairly knowlegable about these areas. I am just getting into Surf fishing this year, and fished the inlet for the first time 2 weeks ago. I have realized that there is a lot more to surf fishing than I originally thought. But I am enjoying the learning process, even though I have yet to pull a fish from the surf.

My entire family enjoys catching fish, but my main fishing partner is my 9yr old boy, who enjoys everything about fishing not just catching them. He's got more patience than I do on a slow day. Whenever I have a fishing trip planned, he is already in the plans to go, he'll never say no, and generally out catches me 2 to 1.

Very cool. I remember fishing with my grandfather and dad and having the same enthusiasm. While they were at work, I was reading old books about different types of fish and learning how to tie knots. Good times and I'm glad you are able to have them with your kids.

Welcome aboard.

My names Erik, I live in Damascus, MD, Im 18, I work landscape with my dad and am goin into the Coast Guard in the Fall. I build my own rod, I enjoy fishing for larger surf game, Drum, cobia, shark, and striper, but also fish for all the little tastey fish too.

Hello Erik!

Welcome to our humble abode.

Sounds like you are already off to a good start.

Stick around, I'm sure you will learn a lot here.

Wait until Randy reads you are going in the USCG...

We have a GREAT respect for the Guard around here!

Hey Erik, My folks used to live on Longs Corner with a nice Bass Pond. Too bad they moved to Fla. I hunt Patuxent a lot mostly Hipsey Mill and Browns Chapel. I am moving to Ohio so gonna miss Damascus area and closeness to AI.

I know you fish Buxton a lot and its really too bad it got taken from you just as you start the prime of your life. Like losing a good friend or relative. For us old folk who cut our teeth there decades ago seems as it is an end to an Era. I really hope we get the beach back and you get to continue to appreciate it.

I know you like your sharkin and AI in late July should help fill that void.

Good to see you here

My names Erik, I live in Damascus, Maryland, Im 18, I work landscape with my dad and am goin into the Coast Guard in the Fall. I build my own rod, I enjoy fishing for larger surf game, Drum, cobia, shark, and striper, but also fish for all the little tastey fish too.

Nice to have you here, hope to meet you on the sand someday!

Welcome!

Did someone say "Sharkin" ???

My name is George Trout and my wife and fishing partner is Pattie Chapman. We live in Millsboro, De. I am an RN and she is a Teacher. We start our season chasing crappie in january and fish freshwater, chesapeake bay, seaside bays and inlets, surf, and offshore. See yall Saturday at the fling.

Hey all, My name is Justin, the family has a place in South Bethany just across from the last WWII Tower in Bayview Park. We surf fish on Fenwick Island State Park, right across from our neighborhood. I'll be the first to say im non 100% gung ho like most of you. Unless there are baitfish jumping in front of me, i'm more of a cast and keep watch fisher, checking every 5-10 minutes. We've been driving on this beach since '82, if you see us out there, it'll be the grey 4runner in my avatar, an H3, and a Envoy.

You don't have a black H3 do you?

Welcome to the site Justin!!

You don't have a black H3 do you?

Welcome to the site Justin!!

My parents have a Navy Blue H3, The wife and i have the 4Runner

IMG_1545-1.jpg

We normally have a large group, mostly walkover's from the neighborhood.

IMG_1541-1.jpg

One thing you might notice is the front carrier needs to be lifted, have to get a part made to put the basket higher.

Hi Justin! Noob here too. Nice group of people it seems :)

Definitely, a wealth of knowlege what to expect before heading down to the beach, and some amazing catches to look at. Once i heard about the rumors of shutting down AI, i wanted to get into a group to fight that from happening.

Edited by _4Runner_

Hi all,my name is Eric and I've been surf fishing Fenwick & Assateague since about 96. I just bought my first boat this summer; a 19' Chapperal. I've been out twice already and caught some sea bass & flounder. Boat ownership is not inexpensive so my wife Janene & I continue to hit the surf of AI with our two black dogs in our blue 4 Runner as well.

Welcome Aboard Eric - looking forward to hearing what I can learn from your years of experience on AI. We (myself and ffemtreed) fish AI as much as possible, but not as much as we'd like this summer because of the price of gas - We have a white F-250, and once we get a cap for it we'll have our two dogs (a mastiff and a lab) with us again - but until then it's just the two of us - we'll definitely be out this coming weekend - stop by and say HI if you see us!