71 posts in this topic

My name is Dave Hollinger,I've been posting for awhile now.I live in York,Pa where I install inground swimming pools.We have a small trailer in Bishopville,Md where we try to spend as many weekends as possible.I love to fish and boat,and would like to get into surf fishing.I really injoy this site and the friendly people who frequent it. Hopfully with your help my fishing adiction will turn into a catching adiction. Daveh 8)

Great idea, Dave!

My name is Sam Kilgore and I am a business owner in Berlin, MD. I try to support my fishing addiction by creating websites, fixing residential and small business computers. I spent 2 years in the US Air Force and several years as a Deputy Sheriff in Wicomico County. I have been married to Carrie for 4 years next month and a beautiful daughter who will be 2 years old this Wednesday.

My main fishing spots are Assateague Island and the Ocean City Inlet. I look forward to learning more about the rest of our wonderful Peninsula from those who know. I absolutely love striper and drum fishing in the spring and fall, but I must say my true love is shark fishing from the beach. I am an active member of AMSA (Assateague Mobile Sportfishermen's Association). I live about 5 miles from the beaches and can't get enough sand in my shoes.

I look forward to meeting many of you in the near future and I am extremely happy with those who I have met so far on this site. I have spent countless hours of some of the best fishing times with these folks and I hope this site can bring others together as well. Thanks for visiting and feel free to ask, comment or suggest.

My name is David Moore, I am a lead aircraft mechanic in Salibury, I have a Fiance of 8 years and i have been living here for 5 years now, I love fishing at AI but will fish at the OC inlet from time to time. I have only been fishing salt water for about a year and a half now but I love every minute of it. I will gladly fish with anyone willing, usually during the begining of the week(work). Anyone wanting to fish and need a partner pm me, my schedule is pretty flexible.

welcome aboard, I'll be in town for the "fling" on the 28th and then back on Aug 3rd for 10 days of vacation, hope to have my boat fixxed and wth me, your welcome to fish wth me:)

Appreciated much Randy, Hope to see ya sometime.

Appreciated much Randy, Hope to see ya sometime.

ok, sounds good:) you can't miss me

5852a4df60d8c_californiaandAIpix016.jpg.

My name is Shawn. Love to fish, 4wheeling, wake boarding and just being out on the water. My full time job is a Mechanical Coordinator/Drafter. We do HVAC coordination/shop drawings. I also own my own snow plowing business. Look forward to meeting everyone at the "Fling" and beaching some nice size fish!!!!!

My name is Shawn. Love to fish, 4wheeling, wake boarding and just being out on the water. My full time job is a Mechanical Coordinator/Drafter. We do HVAC coordination/shop drawings. I also own my own snow plowing business. Look forward to meeting everyone at the "Fling" and beaching some nice size fish!!!!!

well Hello Shawn, love that avatar:cool: that would make a reel nice 'tat:)

My name is Mike Kinder. My wife and i moved from Harford County to ocean pines in June. We have come to the shore all of our lives and decided to make the move down here after we got married. I just recently got into surf fishing last year. And id have to say a day on the beach definitly beats a day on the boat. But when im not fishing im working on my boat or 4wheeling. Im an HVAC tech down here. Look forward to meeting all of you and catching some nice fish.

my name is alex im 16 im gonna be movin to milton DE in the next couple weeks, im gonna be goin to school at cape henlopen. im mostly a bass angler but living so close to the ocean im gonna start doin a lot of slatwater fishing from a boat, surf, and jetty. i cant wait to meet all of u and learn and all that other good stuff

Welcome aboard, colonialLizard! Ask any questions and if you are a bass fisherman interested in the salt, talk to ben23 and ask him about his recent experiences.

Hello there Alex! Good to have ya here...

Yeah, as Sam said about Ben23. He's a Bass guy and just landed some BIG sharks from the beach. Look up the stories in this week's fishing reports in the surf fishing section.

Can't wait to hear some of your learning experiences!

Go get em!

In the meantime, fill us in on your Bass fishing in the Fresh Water foium.

I'm Jeff Singleton, I live in Manassas, VA. I'm a network tech for a broadband company. I have been fishing as long as I can remember. I will fish anywhere I can catch a fish...to me pullage is pullage, I'm not a fish snob who will only fish for what I can eat. I have no problems fishing for something that will test my and my equipment's abilities just to release it. I think my signature and the name of my site say it all.....The first step is admitting we have a problem right? :D

my name is alex im 16 im gonna be movin to milton DE in the next couple weeks, im gonna be goin to school at cape henlopen. im mostly a bass angler but living so close to the ocean im gonna start doin a lot of slatwater fishing from a boat, surf, and jetty. i cant wait to meet all of u and learn and all that other good stuff

Welcome Aboard Alex:) hope we can "Hook-up" some day:D

Gee - i guess its about time I add my entry.

Real name is Steve (there's a few "Steves on the board") - work in IT as a programmer and IT project manager during the day - play sax in a few bands at nights - all to support my fishing addiction. Yes, i suffer from the same addiction as "fish-aholic". Live in Eastern PA along a great trout stream - grew up as a freshwater fisherman, and have become more and more addicted to the salt. My wife's family has a condo in North OC - and I am constantly trying to carve out time from my schedule to get down to fish........I've already met some very friendly and helpful people and hope to meet more at the summer sharking event!

oh, ok. I'll go next:)

my name is Stewart Randall Stinchcomb jr but I go by Randy. I live in Baltimore county Md. I have been married to Barbara for 19 years, no biological kids. I work at a Ford dealer as a Motorsport Performance Consultant. I spent 5 years in the Coast Guard, right here in the Mid-Altantic chasing druggies, lost & wayward soles and illegal fisherman:D

I have been fishing since I was @4years old, mostly freshwater, some tidal rivers untill the late 60's when dad got involved wth saltwater fishing. my dad had a 31' Bertram (Mauarder) in Ocean City from @1972 to 1985 and I caught my first White Marlin at age 15 and have been hooked on saltwater fishing ever since.

I just started surf fishing this year Thanks to Sam, Dave, Scott, Steve(s) and a few others on this site, its been alot of fun. look foward to spending more days(and nights) on the beach at AI:!:

I too have an addiction, can you guess what it is:cool:

My real name is Hank. Fishing Buddies call me BIG BOY.I have been fishing since a kid in the Lower Chesapeake Bay and Virginia Beach. Found your site looking around for Fishing Sites and found you guys. Looks like a great site and added Atlantic Anglers to the BIG BOY Fishing Page. Look forward sharing information with you. Here are some recent fishing pictures:

DSC02318.jpg.0193e4cc62dbce3d4b78592353d

DSC02320.jpg.9b844cf4f2185210aa9e9b9b2f5

DSC02331.jpg.9b5061dee8caf21000d7f069eb2

Welcome aboard Hank! Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Welcome Big Boy. It looks like you've been getting into the "big boys" recently, great catches. :D

Welcome Aboard Hank :happy2: enjoy your stay, nice pics and Id like to hear more out of the lower bay, CBBT and Va Beach area:fish:

Nice to have ya here Hank!

Look forward to hearing of your fall run catches!

Hey Guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Here are some pics of the Tournament we were in over the weekend:

clear.gif

clear.gif

We came in 5th the Corporate part and won the CCA Challenge. Had a great time on Bandit. We will be moving to Va Beach towards end of the month.

I know this page is a little more partial to Surf fishing, however I love all types. I will be working harder on Surf this Spring. Anyhow, I will be keeping in touch and leaving posts on the Delmarva page mostly.

Thanks again

My name is Paul, and I too have a problem. I can't get enough fishing time in. I'm relocating to Maryland in the next month and can't wait to wet a line. I have been fishing for going on twenty years now, all of it in farm ponds and off of the Alabama coast.

I have been reading post off of here for going on six hours now, there is so much information to pick up from all of you guys.

Thanks for directing me here Jeff.

And here is a fish pic, we called it the "moaf", (mother of all fish) you can see the lighter fishes dorsal fin under all of the other carp, the smaller ones are about 20". The picture is from the porch of the Husain brothers palace.

IMG_0064.jpg.cdcadfd7b3fb6f23bd5ea737415