6 posts in this topic

Beverly,

Great meeting you yesterday and though I didn't catch the biggest fish... (I didn't catch anything but some grief from a ranger) I wanted to thank you for supporting a great site!

For the rest of you, if you didn't see the Rod & Reel that was donated your going to have to stop at the store and check out what Esoxangler won for hauling in the largest Rocker.

Thanks again!

Sox! You dog!

A very big congratulations to YOU!!!!!

Got some sweet stuff!

Harbor Tackle’s Fishing Report, April 23, 2006

Even with the bad weather there were some stripers caught at Assateague this Friday and Saturday. Larry Johnson of Lewes, Delaware caught a 35 and 37 striper early Friday morning using bunker. Dave Kasey and his son, Brian, hooked three fish with fresh herring. The sizes were 41 inches 26 lb. 8 oz., 37 inches 19 lb. 10 oz., and 36 inches. The surf was also producing blues this weekend. Most of the blues taken were on fresh herring. Two fishing myths broken within the past few days. The first one is Phil Krute took a 33 inch striper to win the First Annual DelmarvaFishing Spring Fling. Phil was fishing in the walk over area at Assateague on fresh bunker. Some people think the big fish are only in the OTR section. The second myth broken by Don Woodall of Ocean City, Maryland was he took a 38 inch 20 inch girth 19 ½ lb striper from the beach of Ocean City. He was fishing 143rd Street with fresh bunker. Saturday between 12:30 and 1:00 PM, Jim Stratton of McLean, Virginia hooked up with a 34 inch 16 lb. 11 oz. striper on fresh herring. Also, Jim and his friend caught 4 blues from 18 to 20 inches. There were a few legal flounder caught. Punkin Cropper of Berlin and Cliff Taylor from Bishopville hooked two 18 inchers and a 17 ¾ inch and 4 throw backs before they had to head home because of the wind. They were fishing by the airport with a squid and minnow combo. Blues, stripers, shad at the Ocean City Inlet. Some blues were up to 10 pounds taken this past week. Jeff Singleton went back to Wenona, Maryland on Friday and caught more stripers. (My previous report I gave Jeff’s fishing location incorrectly.) His boat took 3 more keeper stripers, not as many fish caught on Friday than Thursday, but still they caught their limit. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live eels and minnows.

jim_stratton_00000_108.jpg.f03e348888fac

dave_and_brian_kasey_00000_775.jpg.c6f61

Great report and some nice fish!

The smile on that boy Brian's face is what fishing is all about....yeah, baby, YEAH !

The smile on that boy Brian's face is what fishing is all about....yeah, baby, YEAH !

You've got that right. Awesome.