8 posts in this topic

What a great event!

I enjoyed meeting everyone and especially learning how to fillet. Thanks to Mr. Kilgore (Bud) for patiently teaching me to fillet everyones Blues!

We cooked somelast night and Wow!

I had a blast and want to especially thank Sam for putting togother the first fling and the opportunity to meet everyone.

-Steve

Thanks for the filet work, Steve - cooked ours up tonight. Even my 3 year old daughter loved it and told my wife that "daddy should catch more fish" :mrgreen:

Dude, you NEED to take your daughter out with you more.....

It's either that or she learns all about Neiman Marcus <hahahaha>.

Keep her interest in your local ponds, that will seal the deal!

:up:

No doubt - that is the plan - she's had a rod and reel waiting for her since she was 2 months old :)

Will be taking her to reel in some panfish at the local lake this spring - if she catches the fishing bug, my fishing trips will cease to be "making my wife a fishing widow" and begin to be "quality family time"

That is really beautiful.

You and Sam (along with others) are so blessed to have the young 'uns to take out and teach.

(and later on, laugh at their mistakes)

:P

That is really beautiful.

You and Sam (along with others) are so blessed to have the young 'uns to take out and teach.

(and later on, laugh at their mistakes)

:P

As you can see, she has her hands positioned just right for the cast. :v: :mrgreen:

9_19_05_027_193.jpg.85e31061a63628319408

Very nice, Sam. I'm seeing play date with the kids on the beach whilst the dad's go fishing. I've got a 1.5 yr old son and 3.5 yr old daughter to add to the mix...who else? Can we convince the wives its a good idea? Carrie already mentioned it at the fling....I'm trying to warm my wife up to it....

Yeah, I love taking my girls out too. I love the fact that they get mad at me when I've gone out fishing without them. I had to hear about it on my drive home yesterday evening when I talked to them to tell them about all the fish we caught