25 posts in this topic

Fished the Concrete Ships off Kiptopeke on Satuday night and landed a 45 incher in the 'yak. Then returned Sunday early AM in the boat and I got another 42 and my brother landed three to 44. All on eels. Drifted off Fisherman's and lost two fish then drifted off the ships and lost another fish. It's on.

5852a5305e9d4_PC132798(Medium).JPG.57b3e

5852a53061933_PC132795(Medium).JPG.496f6

Hey Ric! You keep posting stuff like that and I'm going to have to get one of those setups before my wife knows it!

Great job and welcome to the site! :hello:

nice fish ric. welcome. this is matt by the way. I dont think you ever knew my online name. it was good to see you at the tournament last week. you gonna be out there this week? I am gonna go sometime just not sure when. its kind of an expensive trip from nags head. nice to see more fish showing up.

Nice to see you made it over here Ric!:glasses13:

Sweet job on the fish as always!!!!

Great catch Ric, and welcome aboard!!

How far off the shore did you go in the yak?

Thanks guys. Nice site with some old friends. Fish were caught near the Concrete Ships about a 1/2 mile off the launch ramp at Kiptopeke State Park. Use a medium/heavy conventional combo spooled with 30 pound braid. Tie on a 150 pound snap swivel, a 2 to 6 ounce inline sinker, 4 feet of 80 pound fluoro and a 9/0 Owner cutting point J-hook. Paddle up to the ships and drop the eel to the bottom. Make a couple cranks to get the bait off the bottom and wait for a fish.

Wind just dropped out so I'm going tonite. I'll post the results.

Ric

Got 'em again last night. We each landed one and I lost another one.

5852a5308c363_PC172808(Medium).JPG.2b2e1

5852a5308f747_PC212007(Medium).JPG.a52cd

Edited by Sam

nice fish Ric. seems to be picking up really nicely. how long were you out?