34 posts in this topic

lost my job at the dealership today, not sure what Im going todo, prob wont b on as much, sea 'ya all soon

Sorry to hear that, Randy... :angry2:

Sorry to hear! I hope you find an even better job than you had.

Thanks for your support guys and gals, Im heading to Bass Pro Shops inna' bit as they have an opening in there Boat Shop, I'll keep you posted, in the meen time, buy Lott'sa Thumb Dingers, they make great Stocking Stuffers:icon_thumleft:

We have all lost jobs in the past. Many times it creates a hardship, other times we get through with what we have in savings and the income of a spouse. Obviously we have moved through the loss, after all, we're here, right?

I look at it in a different light. I have lost a few due to no fault of my own. I see it as an opportunity to get off my duff and find something better. I turn the bad news into an incentive.

Each time, I found something that paid better and was more to my liking. That's your cue Randy, now you have an open door to go explore and find something great! You'll not regret losing that job.

It's out there, go get it!! :eusa_dance:

sorry to hear that randy,

maybe its time to look on the shore :)

Sorry to hear the news!

Hope you land back on your feet in no time!!!

Sorry to hear that randy. I too am in the same boat. My boss called me on Dec 1 and told me that after almost 9 years I was being laid off. Luckily they are gave me a month's notice and a good severance. I've been searching the web and probably have 30-40 applications in. I've also been working with a couple head hunters. With my severance I can get by looking for a job until sometime in march, however my wife has informed me that if I don't have a job by Jan 10th or so that we're canceling our honeymoon to costa rica :( Good Luck with the job hunt...just wanted to let you know you weren't alone here.

It certainly is a tough time for a lot of people. Jeff, I'm sure you'll find something. Especially with your military and technical experience. Good luck, brother.

Dang Jeff!!! But you'll find something better, as I wrote to Randy.

Since you have already been notified, let's keep this count at 2.

Everyone else keep their jobs!!!!!

Would have been better if this happened during warmer weather, maybe get out and play while waiting for a job to come through.

With decent health, everything else is possible!

No worries guys...

Damn Jeff, so sorry to hear this...times are tuff but wth the support of everone on Atlantic Anglers, we'll get through it, so that being said..............Lets Fish:glasses2:

Damn Jeff, so sorry to hear this...times are tuff but wth the support of everone on Atlantic Anglers, we'll get through it, so that being said..............Lets Fish:glasses2:

:icon_thumright:

Ciara has grounded me...no fishing (or fun stuff) Until I have a job again :(

No no no Jeff, that's not how it works.

You put in a whole slew of resumes, give them your cell phone number and then go fish.

You won't have this kind of opportunity when you have to go back to work.

Besides, now is the time, the big kows are out there.

I think you and Randy should team up and get out there with some line and bait (for fish, that is)!

Right Barb????

Just went through all that crap myself this year. Now I am 11hrs away from AI. Hope you don't do what I did. Money aint worth all that. Wished I had taken a new lower pay job to stay near the salt.

Good Luck I really feel and know your pain bro way too well.

Sorry to here this guys...times are tough right now, hopefully things will get better in the near future.

I know the company I work for is always looking for good, motivated, out of the box thinkers to hire for various positions- mostly sales - can't talk a whole lot to salary but i know it's usually based on experience and as with any company can be negotiated when starting - if anyone wants more detail let me know - I love my job and the company but it's definitely different than anywhere else I have ever worked and the environment is not for everyone - and they are in cambridge, md - you can fish the choptank on your lunch hour and it's not far from AI either! let me know if you are interested in contact info

No no no Jeff, that's not how it works

I think you and Randy should team up and get out there with some line and bait (for fish, that is)!

Right Barb????

Randy would say that he was helping with groceries (only if he brought home some fish)

lost my job at the dealership today, not sure what Im going todo, prob wont b on as much, sea 'ya all soon

If you have some electrical know how I believe my co. is hiring

Thanks for ALL the support guys, I've landed a job at a local truck and auto repair shop, not to far from my old job, pay is about the same, as are the hours but best of all, NO WEEKENDS:fish:

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Told ya it would come around!

Now, we gotta' get Jeff back to work.....

Thanks for ALL the support guys, I've landed a job at a local truck and auto repair shop, not to far from my old job, pay is about the same, as are the hours but best of all, NO WEEKENDS:fish:

Glad to hear it! 1 down 1 to go!