Sam

Birds and Fish Working the Bait

3 posts in this topic

jack, thats what I thought they were in the beginning of the video. I saw a big one this year, he wasnt hungry. we were cobia fishing and the water was gin clear. we were working the inlet change 2 miles or so out of OI. water was tropical, every now and then you would see some little dolphin scoot under whatever was floating around. I just looked down and about 15 feet deep I saw this big jack, about 25-35? lbs., kinda hard to tell but he was pretty big but not hungry. we never saw a cobia that day.

That must have been quite a site! I've only seen one at the Ocean City Inlet and they were peanut bunker being chased by bluefish and also short stripers.

I remember the same thing happening with stripers blitzing the beach at Chix Beach (base of the CBBT). I was standing there catching 16"-24" stripers on metal, then all of the sudden it was a frenzy.

Glass minnows and stripers were pounding the beach in only inches of water. I was in about 6"-8" of water and stripers were nailing my feet and legs going after the bait with no regards to beaching themselves or me.

I dropped my lure in the water without casting and caught fish. Lasted about 3-4 minutes then they went back out. Wildest thing I have ever been in by far while fishing.