16 posts in this topic

Well, the weather didn't turn out to be the best, but it sure could have been worse. Carrie and I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing others again. Even though it was windy and rainy, we did more socializing than fishing. Esoxangler (Phil) caught the largest fish, a 33" striper and also many bluefish. For catching the largest fish, he took home the grand prize, that awesome rod/reel combo! I think most everyone else caught snapper blues during the day and only 3 or 4 skates. We had great food including hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken breast, fresh rockfish fillets and lot of drinks.

I would like to personally thank everyone for coming out and supporting the site. A big thanks to Harbor Tackle for donating the most excellent prize and bringing the ice. Thanks to Dave (ocsnapper) for bringing the hamburger and all the trimmings. Thanks to Jeff (fishaholic) for bringing the fresh striper filets. Thanks to Scott (coop) for the excellent chili. I know there are many more, and I am grateful. [smiley smilie=1 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=AACCEE shieldshadow=1]THANKS[/smiley]

The next fling will be in July and I assure you all it will be a little warmer by then. :-) Time to get your sharking gear ready!

4_21_06_008_104.jpg.e72d4cf999e5004de624

4_21_06_004_546.jpg.8415f392397639639eb3

4_21_06_009_746.jpg.07bb703e031aa8322e1e

4_21_06_013_479.jpg.444d0ccdc15b7fba6330

Good job Sam, sounds like there were a lot of happy, friendly folks there. I'm glad everyone had a fun time and good food dispite the cool damp weather. Congratulations to Phil; you must have been grinning all the way home.

Thanks Sam and Harbor Tackle! I enjoyed meeting all you guys. How long did you stay last night? Just when I got back to Berlin the rain stopped, I hope it dried up some for you hearty folks! I gotta get back and throw that awesome combo! At the latest I will be out for more Mothers Day weekend, then back Memorial Day weekend. It will get a workout, I promise. Maybe I will make enough trips this year so I won't be considered a tourist? :lol:

I have been telling people in my neck of the woods to go to Harbor Tackle since last year when they are at the shore. I hope some of the people that I talk to go to see Beverly and spend some money. :)

I really envy you folks who live in that area.

One other thing. Maybe next time I'll bring a belt for my waders? :D :cry: :D

Great Job, Phil. Don't worry about the belt. Next thing you know, everybody will be wearing them. :-)

Sam,

One last thanks to you guys! Having the fling at orv entrance made it so I could join in. Count me in for any future flings like this. But don't limit yourselves if you want to have one down south. maybe someone could give me a lift out on the sand if needed?

Congrats Phil on that fish,,,very nice fish! and the scotch :up: :up:

It was great meeting everyone and look forward to the next time :D

Congrats Phil on that fish,,,very nice fish! and the scotch :up: :up:

It was great meeting everyone and look forward to the next time :D

Same here. Had a great time with all...

Just got back to Pennsylvania - Wanted to thank EVERYONE for a great time. Yes, it was rainy and cold, but I learned A LOT and I appreciate everyones patience with me as I get the hang of this surf thing.

Thanks especially to Dave, Jeff, and Sam for all your help with transportation, advice, casting, and snelling lessons (still practicing that one).

I will be back in May (with the family this time). Hope to meet up with some of you again and enjoy some better weather on AI together.

Congratulations to Phil for winning the DelmarvaFishing Spring Fling with his 33 inch striper. Terry and I wish you good fishing with your new prize of the Daiwa combo. It goes to show you that you do not have to fish in the 4 wheel drive section of Assateague to catch fish. It was great getting together with all of you. Good food and good friends. It was great meeting Steve and his obsessed digging dog. Steve is a great cook. You do know why Bud taught you and let you clean all the bluefish. You did not catch the biggest fish, but you should be awarded with the greatest cook prize. The weather can be blamed on Terry and me. Friday was the first day in two years that we have gone to the Assateague surf together. No wonder it rained and the wind blew.

Congratulations, Phil! That was a nice looking fish. Was it the only striper caught all day? It was great to meet everyone. Now I will have an idea who is saying what. The weather wasn't perfect, but I thought I would be cold, wet, miserable and sitting in the truck. When the wind was blowing, my face was cold, but that was it. The night before, Sam was helping me pick out layers to wear. Now I am glad. I had a lot of fun and ended up being out there for 12 hours (from 10:45a.m. to p.m.). Thanks to everyone who brought food, drinks, and utensils. There was a lot of good food to eat. I look forward to the next fling. We should have a few more rods bending over. :D

The weather can be blamed on Terry and me. Friday was the first day in two years that we have gone to the Assateague surf together.

I am glad you two made it out. :v: :mrgreen:

Barb and I had fun for the 3 rainey hrs we were there, got to put some faces wth names 8) WE will be back soon and hope to be able to Hook-Up wth some of you's and FISH :!:

Wow, can you say "WHAT A GREAT TIME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a blast. As much as I love the promise of fish from a boat, you just can't beat the good times shared on a beach with a group of people who share the same interests. I enjoyed meeted everyone of you and can't wait to get out there again. I walked out to the beach the next morning and laughed (I would've taken a picture but I left the camera in randy's truck) The beach where we were fishing was LITTERED with bunker chunks and heads, I'm sure the seagulls are still feasting on that. Sam thanks for setting this whole thing up, job well done. I wish I could be out on your next event (shark fishing in july) but I will be on the way back from my own trip to Myrtle Beach. You all don't know how lucky you are to live so close to such a great place to kick back and relax. That 3+ hour drive can be quite a pain sometimes, but knowing people like you all are out there, I'm sure I'll do it alot more often this year.

Sounds like all had a good time. 8) Nice catch Esox.... :up: