3 posts in this topic

I'm headed south from my usual fishing spots of Ocean City, MD & the Chesapeake, for a week in Garden City Dec 13-20. I've been there a number of times in spring, summer & fall, but this is the first winter trip.

Can I expect to find anything in the surf or the channel behind Garden City?

I'm guessing this time of year the GC pier is closed?

DEJ,thanks for showing interest in fishing the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet area. I wish I had good news on fishing Murrells Inlet in the winter but it is tough.Some trout are found and maybe a few Red Drum but since the water has cooled off things are a little slow for the most part.

Fishing the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach area is seasonal with the fishing a little slow for March til the middle of April.

Mid April, the fishing starts to pick-up for some Flounder and Red Drum. Everything[Fishing] is always weather related in Murrells Inlet and Myrtle Beach the sooner the water temp. gets in the 60's the fishing will get better.

Late April thru December is always a good time for fishing for Red Drum, the bait moves in and the fishing turns on.

June, July and August, the water temp is getting rite for ALL fishing in the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach areas! Everything is good at the beach!

People are out in the sun,shopping,fishing and the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach area is hopping!

August and September the Spanish and King Mackerel are on the beach and can be caught live baiting along the coast. We often catch them at the jetties or 3-mile reef or trolling with planners and spoons.

Fishing at Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach during the summer months you never know what you are going to hook-up with so expect to catch a anything while fishing,maybe even a SHARK.

For all you that like catching Trout, Weakfish Trout are plentiful sometimes around Sept/ Oct.

While the true Winter Trout only starts when the water temps start dropping in to the 60's and lower.

As I have said early, fishing in Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach is always revolving.

dsc00078.jpg.4f8cbc0d5179901d89a16aea8af

dsc00063.jpg.9d6ad46aa850558dcebd56e23ba

dsc00086.jpg.ac4fb022717e851864a28dbf0fc

dsc00089.jpg.770ec7b64193f7cdc51e792d206

dsc00099.jpg.f88373aac4487e28013d19c65ae

I know you guys up North are some tuff guys but we don't have the fishing here for the winter. Murrells Inlet and Myrtle Beach is a no go for the fishing in winter. A little further South can be good sometimes but you are going to pay for it as the weather can be brutal on the water......We thank ALL of you that have ask about fishing the Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet SC area but it just tough from December thru April. Capt. Shannon Currie