15 posts in this topic

Can it be true?

Did they all leave during the night without taking our hooks?

I say Nay Nay!

The Chessie Bay is on fire with some nice fat fish.

The rivers and tribs are still producing great catches.

The surf zone?

Did we miss something?

Nah, there is still time.

As long as we still have Stripes and Blues in the Chessie and to the north, we still have a shot at getting a fat one on the sand.

The wind has not cooperated with us too often, has it? We've braved the wind, rain, cold and been out there wishing for a hot cup of Joe and a good meal.

But ya'll stuck with it. You were rewarded with nice pullage and great table fare. Many others have hung on for hours and days, just to tackle ONE FISH!

There is no difference in the folks that catch. They use the same line, hooks and bait. They throw it in the same place you do. The only difference? Time spent being cold and wet. The more hours you spend out in the snot, the more poundage you MIGHT catch. The less? Well, you know that answer.

It's just a matter of "forecasted luck". Yeah, that's what I'll call it.

Someone looks at the winds, currents and heads out. They get there and read the water, looking for that elusive cut or rip. After they find it, they are just like everyone else. They toss a line, just like you do, and hope a fish swims by and decides to try the tasty morsel.

So, there is still time to build up your forecasted luck. Watch the winds and currents. Learn how to read the water and find that sweet spot. And put any amount of time you want into kicking back and enjoying this magical time of transition.

Do that and you'll be just like the folks that do the catching. You'll be an official luck forecaster!

Now go outside and play!

Edited by Steve

This may sound odd coming from me Steve ,as frustrated as i've been sometimes.

Thats why they call it FISHING and not CATCHING

fished all eve nothing even touched the bait before sunset, after dark was a different story, It was a doggiepalooza two sometimes three at a time, all over 20 inches and none of them even bounced the poles, the only indication you would have was your line heading another direction then you casted it. after an hour of freezing and non stop doggies I decided I had enough. I am goin out one more time this year (sometime next week) then I am done till spring.

Dave, the larger doggies are mighty tasty, according to Coop....

Fished today with dad...dad went sika hunting and joined me later in the morning...no sika, but he managed a nice 29". I got a fat 36" a little later. Very nice day on the beach. Been a good ride this fall, hope they stick around.

Dec3.JPG.f23f924aea2fada7d05df31d3751443

dec3fish.jpg.449ebd8e32ae0d1cdea5c68ee1c

Nice fish, Coop! You are the man... :)

I did manage a 31" striped one on a rattle trap under the rt 50 bridge the other night. Outgoing tide and COOOOOLD water.

Coop you are the master striper swiper. great job..

Sam what side of the bridge east or west ? Any pics? great job

Tight lines to all

Lee

Dave, the larger doggies are mighty tasty, according to Coop....

I don't think Dave eats fish..but yes, I personally like them deep fried. If you kill one, you may be upset when you open one up only to see little doggies fall out. I don't care for that and kinda makes me regret killing one when that occurs...

Scott how about taken me out fishing.. I can't find a fish at all this year... Nice job and keep it up.

im only goin out once more this year, tired of puttin my time in and no results. no drum or striper this fall for me ( better luck next year). probably goin out tuesday rain or shine.

The skunk is on for this Striper season. I've logged around 150 hours on the beach in the last 6 weeks with no rock. Tried Assateague, O.C., all different baits and rigs. At least I,m lucky enough to get out on the beach as often as I do. I'm probably done for the season unless I see some miraculous report that they are all over the place again. Good luck to all.

John M.

the weather for tuesday is lookin promising, sse winds at 14 mph. If I dont catch anything I am done!

the weather for tuesday is lookin promising, sse winds at 14 mph. If I dont catch anything I am done!

agree...Wednesdays are my day off, but tuesday looks like the best...may have to switch.

Fished the AKE marine tourney yesterday, we stayed mostly in the jetty and drifted live spot. Through the day we caught 31 stripers in all with 5 keepers. The biggest fish was 31 inches just under 9 lbs. We lost quite a few fish throughout the day. I can't wait for them to move out of the inlet and head south past assateague. Well its back to the beach to resume the striper hunt.

Tight lines

Lee

Edited by Leemo24
spelling error