9 posts in this topic

Went to point look out thanksgiving day for my first time.

Trip started out as a nightmare. On the way got in an accident involving a deer,didn't hit the deer , but my boat ended up off the trailer in the middle of rt.4 . :angryfire: luckily no one hurt and very little damage to the boat. As for the report , big rockfish are there! fish mainly being taken on parachute lures ( white , green) with or without umbrella rigs in the main channel. Closer to shore chasing the birds is very productive on trolled umbrella with 4'' sassy shad trailer and casting/jigging bucktails.

Thursday landed 34'' fish ,Friday 41 1/2 '' 23lb12oz, Saturday nothing. Saw plenty fish being taken in the 24'' - 50'' range

5852a52eba0c6_34rockfish.jpg.03cce952819

5852a52ebf064_Copyof34rockfish.jpg.1b2ad

5852a52ec5dc8_Copyof100_0249_01.jpg.0de3

5852a52ee36e9_Copyof41.523lb12ozrockfish

Edited by Sam
no editing

Nice feesh Don!!

Those smaller ones are a blast on light tackle!

Next time toss 'em a sassy or bucky on the light stuff..

Good to hear your boat made it to the water AND home again.....

ive caurht my share on light and even ultra light tackle in past years . you dont get much better fight then a 24-36'' rock on 4-6lb line.lots of fun!

Very nice job on the stripers! Sorry to hear about your accident and I am glad no one was injured.

I had a deer run into the side of my Jeep a few weeks ago. I was only going around 30mph and he got right back up and kept going. They make me so nervous at night when driving home from AI...

Anyway, nice catching. :)

Thanks Sam. :icon_thumleft: I just wish my boy could have got 1 .

A friend of mine ,one of the owners of clydes sport shop, gave me reports on the upper and middle section of the bay . Alot of big stipers being caught from love point south . there was a 52'' 54lber checked in there saturday . Wish i'd have been the one to catch that 1. Alot of good catches in the deep hole at bloody point too. Bill (my friend there) said he has been handing out alot of paper for stipers this year. Seems that the stipers have come up into the bay alot more this year than expected,even by state fish n wildlife.

the larger of my 2stipers was also a taged fish,ashame it was'nt the million $ tag

sorry it took so long to get back with any info. i had some bad computer problems . first of all it might be a little late but happy new year everyone .

the rockfish i mentioned i had caught that was tagged. to any interested i received the paperwork back on the tag !

The fish was tagged by New Jersey's fish n wildlife in Delaware bay

in the spring of 2008 was caught at point lookout

Glad you are back online, Don. :)