47 posts in this topic

Well Coop!

We don't quite have December in the subject line yet!

But it sure is acting like it.

Plenty of NW blows and rather chilly temps.

The big ones are out there, both Blues and Stripers.

This week will see some cold rain then hopefully a couple of ok days on Tue, Wed & Fri, with NW winds of course. Saturday they say cold rain. Monday, snow.

If you head out, bundle up in layers and be sure to take along dry clothes, just in case....

Let us know how you do.

Ok, after looking at the change in wind direction (small window of s/e) I am going to head out to the beach this afternoon - tonight.

If there is anything out there, I'm gonna tempt it with some fresh!

Saturday they say cold rain. Monday, snow.

What Steve is trying to say is ....I'll be down this weekend.

Like Sam and others, figured it would be the best weather day for catching and it seemed to be...I think many others were thinking the same thing...fair amount of fishermen for a Monday.

Decided to head out after talking to my brother last night...Fished with dad, my brother and nephew from 8am-3pm...south wind started blowing by late morning. I managed 4 stripers, largest topped at 37, and a 31, 30 and a short, 24. Like many, probably the best day to fish considering another NW blow setting up for tomorrow.

Did keep 2 to give some to my brother and pop, otherwise one would of went back swimming. Fun day.

nov24.JPG.ae7644f4a1b99ec7e446a384ba2ed8

Edited by Coop

took my boat down sunday put in at indian river and headed out . trolled most of the day down into maryland waters and back up to delaware bay . after 2 trips finally hooked up about 2miles down from MD/DE border off of northern OC was about 2miles off shore . lenght 48'' on #19 spoon only fish . couldnt believe how calm the ocean was . stoped at friends house on way home .buddy of mine took a polaroid then scanned pic onto computer for me .

rockfish.jpg.21011c7b6c5288ca1e0f9fbe6bd

Try the 1418 yet?????

Not yet...haven't fixed that guide that I accidentally broke. Going to be a winter project, along with building a rod building table. Once the table is done, gonna fix it!

Nice catching, guys! I'm glad to see some are still hanging around after that blow.

Hey Scott are you still thinking about going to A.I. WED I couldn't make it out sunday like I wanted to my son became sick that sat night.:glasses1:

Hit AI this eve, little wind but of course it was from the west, not a hit before sundown. After sundown, the wind kicked up out of the north west and so did the spiney doggies, caught 4 or 5 in about 30 minutes. Then as the tide turned the crabs moved in. So again no striper. Thinkin here soon might just have to call it for the year. I really would like to forget this fall season this year. It has been horrible for me. no drum and so far no striper, I have put in well over 400 hours this fall with nothin to show for it. Now dont get me wrong I have had some nice flounder and big blues but it kinda gets discouraging when you dont get even as much as a hit from the species you are after. Oh Well I hope next year will be better.:angry4:

What Steve is trying to say is ....I'll be down this weekend.

I was starting to worry that your new job had swallowed you whole... hope everything is going well!!

If you are down this weekend, give us a call if you want to head down to the OSV zone - I'd like to hit the inlet one night as well! and I can show Marleah my scrapbook (which I will never do again).

You got it Amanda! I'll give Jim a call tonight - if you don't hear from me - call me.

Chip, just saw your message...Did head out today but no luck.

Fished with dad and a buddy from work from 7am until noon. One doggie. Did see a very nice striper caught next to us, guessing around 40, could of been larger...and he wasn't there very long.

If you got a chance to fish this weekend...Go Fish!

Scott, what was the wind like when you saw that striper caught?

Scott, what was the wind like when you saw that striper caught?

Out of the west

hey Scott I'm going to try to get down to A.I. Sunday I couldn't make it wed my wife was sick think she got it from the little guy so hopefully nobody get sick this Sunday so I can go fishing

does anyone what the weather and wind suppose to be like .

thanks hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving Please keep our TROOPS IN MIND THIS HOLIDAY SEASON .:brave:

hey Scott I'm going to try to get down to A.I. Sunday I couldn't make it wed my wife was sick think she got it from the little guy so hopefully nobody get sick this Sunday so I can go fishing

does anyone what the weather and wind suppose to be like .

thanks hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving Please keep our TROOPS IN MIND THIS HOLIDAY SEASON .:brave:

Chip, could be very good for fishing from the surf...onshore winds (east) with some rain.

Forecast as of 9:36 am EST on November 27, 2008

<TABLE class="full boxB" id=fctTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD>Coastal Waters From Fenwick Island De To Chincoteague Va Out 20 Nm- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coastal Waters From Chincoteague To Parramore Island Va Out 20 Nm- </TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Rest Of Today

W winds 5 to 10 kt in the late morning and afternoon. Seas 2 ft...mainly E swell with a dominant period of 12 seconds.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowY onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Tonight

S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft with a dominant period of 13 seconds.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Fri

SW winds 15 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Fri Night

W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Sat

N winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Sat Night

NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Sun

E winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming se after midnight. Seas 5 to 6 ft. A chance of rain.

</TD></TR><TR class=rowW onmouseover="this.className='rowY'" onmouseout="this.className='rowW'"><TD class=sortC>Mon

W winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Coop for the info are you thinking about trying it Sunday if so let me know maybe I can meet you down there .:brave::icon_salut:

fished AI form 3am this morning to 9 am.. not a bump!!!!!

bait was as clean as it was when i put it on the hook.

6 hours 3 bunker worth of bait used. hey gotta save it anywhere i can times a re tight lol!!!

very very calm

no fish photos but hey this is just as nice HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1127080632a.jpg.48ed81bafd394b7385dbb8f7

1127080658.jpg.3d09ec4bd35c1235b96341fa4

1127080658b.jpg.fe949c5b89ca23cae645b1c1

1127080659.jpg.f828a12f5d2b4b69af7698667

Nice pics thanks for the report. I'm hoping to make it out there on Friday. SouthWest winds be d*mned!

Very nice shots! Sunday is looking pretty sweet at this point. I hope there are still some fish around.

yeah not bad shots... from a cell phone.. i got alot of great shots this morning. well here was nothing else to do lol!!!

weather looks good for sunday night into monday eve, Thinkin monday will be best except for the chance of rain, calling for ese sunday night at 6mph, and on monday east winds at 15 mph with a chance of rain. (weather channel predictions).

weather looks good for sunday night into monday eve, Thinkin monday will be best except for the chance of rain, calling for ese sunday night at 6mph, and on monday east winds at 15 mph with a chance of rain. (weather channel predictions).

Ok, with all the turkey and trimmings not to mention leaves piling up in the back yard, I bagged going out today instead opting for Sunday. :dontknow:

Dave, I like your optimism on the weather especially the east winds, could be a rain event and snotty but then, I guess the striped ones like it that way.

Jim is down there right now. I hope he gets into 'em.