3 posts in this topic

I am contemplating goin out monday, but with this prolonged west,north, west wind,i am thinkin it might be a big waste of time and money, I have caught some nice fish recently but no stripers and I know we have discussed wind direction before but I would like to know everyones opinion and do you all think it is worth the trip? I know you cant catch em if you dont try, I am just gettin fed up with my poor luck this fall and cant afford to do too many more trips. I havent caught a striper since last spring (2007). I didnt put in much time last fall after drum season and I really did not have time to go out this spring. So enough of my rambling let me know your opinions, Should I or should I not go monday?

Your chances of catching a nice striper are far better (I would say at least 85%) on the beach vs. at home.. Just my opinion. :evil6:

I know fish can be caught on any wind and that ratio varies depending on the angler, surf conditions, bait fish and effort. This is certainly the time of year to snag them!

At this point, Monday's wind looks like it is going to shift to the South and I think that is a great change in conditions for catching.

Edited by Sam

just checked the weather, looks like it will be a little breezy 15-20 wnw, looks like I am out, might try tuesday.