26 posts in this topic

What can I say?

The fall season is here!

In the Chessie and the surf zone, the cows are making their showing. Not in great numbers, but a good start none the less, it will continue to get better. Miserable weather has kept most folk high and dry. For those that braved the blowing rains, most have been rewarded with some great pullage from large Stripers up to 40 pounds and big Blues up to 40 inches. I'm sure that larger have been pulled in but not reported.

With the cold front now through, the rain is gone and the winds are easing up. Daytime temps in the 40's and 50's and getting pretty cold at night.

Bunker heads for the Stripes and Finger Mullet for the Blues seem to be the feast of choice.

In the Chessie, look for the breaking schools or troll eels, spoons and rubber minners.

Looks like it may be a quick migration, better get out there soon! After 2 or 3 weeks, we'll probably have the resident Stripers in the Chessie and surf zone. Much smaller but still fun on light tackle!

Let us know how you did and what the conditions were.

Fished AI and Delaware's beaches over the weekend both saturday and sunday by noon sunday got tired of my face being sandblasted. only caught a few dogs saw a few really big blues caught and a few rock around 38'' . some of the blues were as big as 20lbs. had alot of trouble holding bottom using 8 oz in delaware .had to use some of the sinkers i made in the 12 to 14oz range on saturday. 8 oz seemed to hold at ai. saw alot of birds up in delaware with 4 boats slaughtering the fish dont know what kind probably blues. all out of my reach without a 4x4 :angryfire: i really need to find a cheep one for the beach. cant wait for sunday to get here. if the weather is right i'll be back this time with my boat.hopefully to make it out around that 3 mile mark ,i here thats where they are really picking up the big ones.

if any body is down the beach sunday and sees an idiot heading out to see in a 16' boat that looks like an oversized john boat that will be me.

I JUST HOPE I DON'T END UP LIKE THOSE GUYS IN JERSEY

anyone interested in doing some thing a little crazy and daring i have room for 1 more nut in the boat:brave:

got a few lines wet today, arrived @ 8 am stayed until 11pm,

beautiful day, light breeze, flat water, caught a spiny doggie and three flounder ranging between 17" to 22". so again no striped ones for me.:help:

got a few lines wet today, arrived @ 8 am stayed until 11pm,

beautiful day, light breeze, flat water, caught a spiny doggie and three flounder ranging between 17" to 22". so again no striped ones for me.:help:

3 flounder of that size...I know you are after the striped ones but thats pretty darn good catching for this time of year:icon_thumright:.

too bad there out of season. I hope this weather breaks soon, I am in dire need or some pullage. it seems every time I am able to get out there, there is a west wind and some kind of front of the coast which in my opinion keeps the striped ones off the shore.

too bad there out of season. I hope this weather breaks soon, I am in dire need or some pullage. it seems every time I am able to get out there, there is a west wind and some kind of front of the coast which in my opinion keeps the striped ones off the shore.

Yes this sustained NW wind will kill the bite.

Good for the skate bite...was going to head out tomorrow...gonna bag that idea and let the wind settle down. I'll just wait till things are favorable for catching...maybe waiting a while.

coop, let me know when you go out again if you want company, If I am available I would gladly join ya.

If anyone has head out within the last day, I would be interested on the crab situation...water temps have dropped a bit and would think they may start digging in...it would be nice if I didn't have to feed'em.

Hey Scott....I went out this afternoon. Ocean was surprisingly clean, light wind from the W, crabs wern't bad at all till sunset, when they got going real good.. No fish:fish:

coop, let me know when you go out again if you want company, If I am available I would gladly join ya.

Sounds good Dave...I often go at the last minute now...if it looks, I head out for a few hours. We need to stop this darn NW flow...more of it coming again today.

Hey Scott....I went out this afternoon. Ocean was surprisingly clean, light wind from the W, crabs wern't bad at all till sunset, when they got going real good.. No fish:fish:

Thanks Erik...hate to buy a ton of bait if the crabs are dug in.

Edited by Sam

Hey scott im plan going down sunday not sure yet if Im doing morn thing or at dusk but if you are interest let me know thanx.:icon_salut: chip

Went out last night and managed a few doggies, the crabs did not bother the bait. Over all nice night of fishing just a little chilly

Hope you guys are releasing those flatties since the Rec flounder season has been CLOSED for a while.:!:

Hope you guys are releasing those flatties since the Rec flounder season has been CLOSED for a while.:!:

Capt, he released them. He said "out of season".

Gotcha! Don't want to see anyone paying the price for not knowing. Guess i need to work on my speed reading.:)

Edited by captcl
my typing still su........s

Gotcha! Don't want to see anyone paying the price for not knowing. Guess i need to work on my speed reading.:)

I would have never have known about the early flounder closure if I didn't read the fishing message boards. The DNR really needs to find a way to get the word out there to the people fishing. I know a lot of the people who I work with didn't believe me when I told them they couldn't keep flounder anymore this year.

Hey scott im plan going down sunday not sure yet if Im doing morn thing or at dusk but if you are interest let me know thanx.:icon_salut: chip

Chip, I may try to give it a shot Sunday, but definitely will be out there hopefully Wednesday.

hey Scott it looks like im going to be fishing the early morn hope to be out on the beach by 700 got to stop at bucks when they open have you had much luck in the early hours hope to see you out there.:icon_salut: chip

yes all flounder released, besides Sam and Coop can vouch for me on this one, I for one will not keep any fish except the occasional blue or croaker during the summer for bait. I cant eat seafood due to allergies (believe it or not). I love to fish and wish I could eat some of what I catch but dont want to end up six feet under cause of it. so all good here I am strictly by the book.:angel3:

I am at the point where I am more interested in finding the fish and hooking up and releasing then killing something wether on the boat or the beach. Could probably start a whole new thread on this.:icon_salut:

Yep, that's a topic for a different thread, want to keep this one on reports. It's always commendable though when someone practices C&R.