Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mdram

Annemessex River

5 posts in this topic

fished for 2 hours last nite, took home some decent croakers

some guys were leavin when i got there, had a 40 qt cooler full

I think 40 qt full of croakers is a little ridiculous,,,I mean, come on,,,and they say commercial fisherman are the problem,,,it's really a combination of the two,,,not to get off on a tangent, but I keep enough fish to eat at least every two weeks to feed 4,,,granted I may keep a little bit more than that at times to give to my family on occasion but would never exploit more than necessary,,,sorry, just venting,,,Sam said he saw a guy at Bucs with two huge cooler full of big blues during that blitz,,,what in the heck are you going to do with all those blues,,,I like to eat them and smokem, but you certainly cant freeze blues,,,I guess in there defense they may not of know any better and were caught up in the moment,,,sorry for venting, just want some fish around when my kids pick up the fishing addiction.

vent awat, i agree, i only took 6 home, enuff for 1 meal. the runs are just starting, plenty of time to catch more, i prefer my fish non frozen anyway

Folks get carried away in the excitement. Others are just greedy and like Scott said, our next generation is going to pay for it.

I personally think we are the generation that is paying for it. I remember coming to the beach as a kid and catching a lot more trout, flounder and blues than you do today. I keep rock, trigger, tog, seabass, or flounder for the next meal or to give to a friend. I think that a cooler full of anything other than YFT is a total abuse of the system.

some people don't understand the fresh is best concept. like bait. another thing that i don't understand is flounder fisherman . If i catch a 20 or 22 inch flounder that is usually enough and I'll only keep another if it is bigger. IMHO one 22" fish equals 2 17" fish. hopefully they will start turning on because I could eat ONE big ass flounder about now.

Jeff