13 posts in this topic

Saturday, November 15, 2008

1100 - 28 1/8 striper - Dan Davis

Saturday, November 15, 2008

1100 - 28 1/8 striper - Dan Davis

1200 - 41 striper - Mark Nicol

1230 - 33 striper - Eric Eskildsen

1315 - 37 1/2 striper - Mark Nicol

Is the above how it ended up? Thought some more would have been caught. Kudos to Mark Nicol if not.

Congrats to Mark Nicol...he got it all. No fish were caught today, at least for the tourney participants.

Winner:

• Longest Striped Bass: - 41" caught by Mark Nicol - 12:10pm Saturday
  • Second Longest Striped Bass: - 37.5" caught by Mark Nicol - 1:12pm Saturday
  • Most Striped Bass: Mark Nicol

Other notable catches:

• Erik Eskildsen - 32 5/8" Striped Bass - 12:45pm Saturday
  • Dan Davis - 28 1/8" Striped Bass - 11:08am Saturday

There were also some very hefty bluefish up to 38". <hr>

This tournament was held during some very foul weather including cold temperatures, intermittent downpours, lightning, a STRONG constant wind, a ripping current, grass in the water, a tornado watch and this was just the first half of the tournament!

Sunday brought bitter, sand-blasting winds from the west and flattened the surf in a matter of hours. The crabs and doggies crept in and these anglers were constantly changing bait and heaving the weight.

I have the utmost respect for all who entered and fished this tournament. You guys knew the forecast, braved the conditions and showed some incredible endurance. :icon_pray:

A HUGE thanks to all who signed up and made it out.

A big thanks to Oliver for stepping up and helping out with judging and of course, Terry and Beverly with Harbor Tackle... The backbone of the whole event.

I'm exhausted and I barely left my Jeep. :icon_wink:

Thanks for update. Looked brutal from the cams. Probably biggest fall migration this week and NW gonna keep them off shore again again. Probably be stacked up again all winter at mouth of Bay.

I'm exhausted and I barely left my Jeep. :icon_wink:

OK Sam sounds like one great tourny... now get some sleep and get out there and do some fishing for yourself.....

Probably biggest fall migration this week and NW gonna keep them off shore again again. Probably be stacked up again all winter at mouth of Bay.

This weeks weather pattern sucks...nw hard all week and maybe into next week!

No worries Sam, glad I could help. I just wish I could have stuck it out longer but I had so much stuff to do to get ready for this upcoming trip. Terry, I forgot to give you back your board, I'll be down the that way after I get back on the 5th. It was good to see everyone. Congrats to all who caught fish... especially Mark.

Had a good time in the tourney. One year maybe we will get some good weather. Thanks to Sam and Terry for judgeing. We tried to keep you busy. I lost a big fish at 8:00 and Mark lost a fish at 9:00. WEnt to the old faithfull mustad hooks and got the job done. I wont use diachi hooks again. At least not in foul weather.

Once again Thanks to all,

Dan and Mark

Wow looks like Mark cleaned up! I wish I could have been out there. Stuck at home with work......Looks like I will be down much of December. I hope something is still around.

Nice sweep Mark...Excellent catching in those conditions Saturday! Well deserved sweep:icon_pray::icon_pray:.