5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to buy a newer/larger boat @22' to 23' and it seems the Brunswick corp has bought-out @30 boat manufactures in the last year (Cabo, Hatteres, Sea Pro, Triton to name a few), Brunswick also owns Mercury Marine and is forcing companys to use ONLY Mercury outboards :!: I am NOT a Mercury outboard fan and this is driving me nutzs :?

I thought I found the perfect boat last weekend up at Action Marine on rt 54 in DE. Triton 225 C/C nice boat. lots of standard features, price was very good, no MD sales tax on the boat. well the salemans calls me this morning and hits me wth the NO E'Rude E-Tech deal, they can do a "Yammie or Hondo" but I Don't Want 4 strokes either..... sorry for the rant :roll: the search continues :?

maybe I just need to wet some lines :wink:

buy the boat there, take it someone else for the engine, had a friend do this with a jon boat because the place he bought it from didnt do suzukis

oh and why no 4stroke? they are sweet, every experience ive had with them is a positive one

yeah, Im looking into getting the engine package elsewhere :|

4 strokes = more mantaince & cost, no(or little) low-end torque most have timing belts, which when they break leave you stranded :(

My buddy has a beautiful 23', low hour Sea Ray he'll let go for 17k I think.

It's an I/O and has been kept in a botel.