14 posts in this topic

Well the wind finally laid down some late this week, but not much changing on the home front.

Still reports of Specks in the Elizabeth river and Lynnahven & Rudee Inlets. Some pups still mixed in as well with the Specks. Mirrolures, Gulp, and fresh cut mullet are still the ticket for producing fish.

Stripers are still in the schoolie size for the majority with a few bigger ones mixed in around the CBBT Islands.

Tautog bite is pretty decent around the CBBT as well.

Bucket and I fished the Duck Inn side of Lynnhaven Inlet on Friday afternoon, tossing everything we had to no avail. Seemed to be a pretty slow day as all the other fishermen we talked to were not doing anything much either.

We then went to the inside of Lynnhaven and tossed 2oz cannonballs for striper, but nada there as well.

If you got anymore info, please feel free to post it here!

If you got anymore info, please feel free to post it here!

Of course I fished all weekend......Sat straight out of Rudee Inlet at 9 am.......35 miles later we trolled streches and caught 5 fish.

ALL FISH WERE CITATION BLUES......Mine was 39 inch release and so were 3 others in the 37 to 41 inch range.....kept 1 for good measure at 19 pounds for Kevin's citation-

Sunday sat in the sweet fresh water of Pungo (I know I know, who cares about freshwater right) so I'll skip it.........

BIG BLUEFISH

BlueFish002.jpg.dfefb0649cf168681d3b26d6

BlueFish012.jpg.8d6aafcec2f55f3399f1a943

Edited by Sam

Wow, that is one big bluefish! Jamie, what was it's length?

38 inches

of course not ! every Mon & Tues all day , 1/2 day Fridays

Great pics!

Which one was the fish, the one on the left or the right? :D

Man, I love the fight of a big Blue....

I don't think I've ever seen a blue that big.

I need bait. Whatcha gonna do with that?

I eat the smaller ones in a heartbeat......my buddies from the race track take the big ones and smoke them all day long in a smoker like a big ham ( minus the red meat ) then it goes in the food processor with sour cream and chives to make bluefish dip.

on top a Ritz cracker it aint bad,still a little "strong" for me tho

they take the red meat and boil it,grind it up in a big pot of chicken broth and pour over their hunting dogs food the night before a big hunt......them dogs last all day on the run !

added 2 more rockfish to the freezer yesterday.....picking was easy as pie.....

Caught & released about 90 between 3 of us

on the boat.....

20Nov08rockfish.jpg.90d95f346ffc085ed58a

Edited by Sam

Looks like good eatin' there! Wow, 90 fish...

90 is a great day....that was 3 people......this spring I took AndyMedic and just us two got over 100 in 4 hours or so....

90 is a great day....that was 3 people......this spring I took AndyMedic and just us two got over 100 in 4 hours or so....

that was why I forced myself to get out yesterday..when I woke up i looked out and the bay was glasss