12 posts in this topic

I did some trout fishing last weekend in an un-named stream in Northern Baltimore County and I saw some really nice spawning Reds and some of the trout were in spawning dress. The male browns looked almost black in the water, but when I landed them that had a deep purple cast over some really vibrant colors.

Beautiful fish and I did not think they spawned this late in the year.

I have attached a photo of one large brown I caught earlier this fall in the same stream

Brown-Trout.jpg.2ea02f671cabb352c76fb3ab

Edited by Sam

Thank you guys,

September and October is prime time for brownies.

Now it on to surf fishing for blues and Rock.

Very nice! Beautiful fish :icon_salut:

I know this post is pretty old, but figured I'd give it a shot.

Jay, I live in northern Baltimore County and do quite a bit of trout fishing in the streams within, both big and small.

I was wondering on what particular stream you caught this beauty; I've been lucky enough to catch a few like it myself, and what a treat it is!

Is the stream actually un-named (there are several trout streams in the area that for whatever reason were never named) or were you choosing not to reveal the name? Just wondering if you'd be willing to share with me if it did have a name.

Thanks!

Jasonz, I sent Jay an email in case he missed your post.

Hello Jasonz,

Sorry for the slow response. I had to do some repair work on my software and ended up losing my user names and passwords.

Sam, Thanks for the heads up.

Jasonz, I fish a number of non-designated streams which have wild trout and are not stocked by the state. It has taken me 30 years of exploring and brush busting to find them and a number of them no longer support populations of trout due to development and Agricultural activities. Others are no longer available to due to increasing access problems with land owners. This is one of those streams and fortunately I have found one land owner who is willing to give me access. I will tell you that the stream flows through Glyndon, Butler, and Hunt Valley to Loch Raven Reservoir. If you are a local guy then you know what I am talking about. It is a fragile resource and I use barbless hooks and realease all my fish. Unfortunately it is receiving more fishing pressure from some of the local land owners and their friends. They must be taking more fish out of the stream than they have in the past. Some of the other large brownies I got last Fall came from the lower Gunpowder. I hope that is a help and if you want more info. you are welcomed to PM me .

Jay,

I tried to PM you, but got a response that you do not receive personal messages...can someone help me out please?

Believe I know exactly what stream that is, and have fished it many times, but I'd like to confirm it with you. If its a different one than what I am thinking of, I have some brush-busting to do myslef in search of it!

Might be able to share a couple of nice little 'secret' spots with you also :)

JansonZ,

I checked my profile and It says I will accept emails, and I sent you a PM yesterday.

I will send you another PM with my contact Info.

Jay

Jay-

Got it, and just sent you an email.

Thanks,

Jason