9 posts in this topic

Well it's been a while since I have gone out, but here's what I have heard is going on around the area:

Specks can be found in the Elizabeth River, Hot Ditch, Rudee Inlet and Lynnhaven Inlet. Toss some Grubs or Mirrolure's and you should be in business.

Puppy Drum can still be had, but starting to thin out in the Elizabeth river. Best shot at pup's will come from Lynnhave Inlet or Rudee Inlet.

Striped Bass are beginning to show in some more numbers around the beaches of Ocean View all the way down to Lynnhaven Inlet. While these stripers are showing, most are in the 15" to 24" range. Casting a 4" Storm or a piece of metal at daybreak or dusk should produce some fish if the conditions are right.

Bigger striped bass are being picked up around the islands of the CBBT, and shouldn't be long before they start to show in more force.

Taug and Sea Bass doing well around wrecks and structure!

Got my stiper and speck gear ready to go, so hopefully I can get out here soon and provide a better report! :cya:

tried hrbt at 5am friday on a friends boat. fished the lite line from the sbc to the island. didn't mark ANYTHING on the finder. other boats out had the same. we had the last of the outgoing. I did get 1 fat 19 as the tide started to turn on a castmaster. fish must be hugging the beach. I couldn't believe we were not even marking bait. I did see a fish chasing what looked like a little bunker. still had a great time. I WAS FISHING!!!

I got at least 1 nice striper this weekend.........

jamiespot11208-1.jpg

Speaking of SPECKS brought home dinner LAST NIGHT........

Specktackular-1.jpg

There are still some flounder out there too......My buddy Jim got 3 keepers near seagull YESTERDAY......and of course you know I got this fat 25 incher too.........

FlattieJamie-1.jpg

Nice job, Jamie. Man, you are are a fishing machine.

Dang J......You holding out on some Specks are ya!

Nice work!

Speck paper work is 24 - 2 of those fish are 21 1/2 and 22....I was trying hard to get Speck paper by the end of Oct so that I can go after Tog paper in Nov and Bluefish in Dec.....thats 8 paper by the end of the year.....only 6 are required. Too bad freshwater dont count cause I got 3 of them too-

I hope (will) get a paper speck FRIDAY

Dang that Andy....gone to Boston and needed another for todays offshore adventure......call me when you get back DAN !