Guest Scuba69

Daiwa or Tica Spinning Reel

10 posts in this topic

Need advice on the following reels Daiwa Sealine® Black Spinning Reel or Tica Abyss.

Will get one of them next week and must decide on which one.

Thanks,

Scuba69

Edited by Sam

I have heard good things about both reels. That will be a tough decision. Let some folks get home and start reading the forum, you'll get more replies. Although it is a weekend, LOL!

I'll do some research on 'em when I get to work later today.

i would stick with the daiwa,with both reels being equal in quality (my opinion) there is a ton more support out there for daiwa sealines, they are a proven reel and should you ever need parts you will be able to get them.

Hey scuba 69 I have the Tica Abyss and I love it.

chip.:eusa_dance:

Hey scuba 69 I have the Tica Abyss and I love it.

chip.:eusa_dance:

Yeah, I'll get the Abyss, looks great and I'll save some money. Do you use Braid? Would like to load it with a 20" braid plus a mono leader.......:glasses2:

Yeah, I'll get the Abyss, looks great and I'll save some money. Do you use Braid? Would like to load it with a 20" braid plus a mono leader.......:glasses2:

Myself I would go with 17# or 20# mono a lot cheaper to respoole your reel, but if you you are going with braid I would take it up to 30# not much different in the line diameter and you will still be able to load enough line to fight any fish this time of year... good luck with the new reel..:icon_wink:

Yep, I'm using 30# braid, it's the dia of 8# mono. Casts great.

I have 2 Tica Camry's and have had no issues, nice reels! Diawa makes a nice reel though and easier to find parts if needed.

I bought 2 of the new 5500 diawa reels from Greg's bait and tackle in Va. recieved them Friday and took the straight to the A.I surf. I was very happy with the purchase. The bait runner feature is awsome. The reels balanced very well on a 10' st croix and a 10' tica.