6 posts in this topic

ya know theres over 240 different spieces of fish that come into our waters .............yet I can't find a good book that shows a little about them. Heck the fish id that the state puts out only id's 50 of them at the most............I would like to find a book that has pic's of just the fish that have been found here........................................... THe reason for this is that we found a little black fish in the trap on day and he swears that its a snake fish and I say that its just a bottom dweller fish of some sort. Not sure if he has it any more .If he does I will try to get a pic of it here.:grommit:

Sport Fish of the Atlantic by Vic Dunaway is a fairly good book. I don't know if it shows every single fish that comes into our waters but it has most of them.

John

Thanks for the information !!!:icon_thumleft: I know we get some crazy stuff in and out of the water here in MD. When that last hurricane came thru here a few days later my buddies were out fishing when they came across a bunch of seagulls tearing into this odd looking bird . They almost drowned it but they came and rescued it. The bird was really different one they had never seen before so they took it to a bird sanctary near here and they said the bird was one of those coastal birds that lived mainly down Texas gulf area. So this little fella had gotten way blown of coarse only to be almost pecked and drowned by a Marland welcome commity of sea gulls

Yeah yeah yeah.....I know...but still the best Fish ID book I've ever seen...Didn't think about who published it when I bought it a few years ago.....

red rum ....red rum.......just like in the movie.or red drum or black drum and a big one