14 posts in this topic

Went fishing with a buddy of mine his son and mine near Bloody Point and as far down as Poplar island chasing sea gulls......Lots of Blues in the upper teens and low 20's range same with the Rockfish. My son hooked into a screamer on his light tackle spinning gear and a short while later we pulled in a nice 24 inch Spanish Mackeral.(talk about one of the better tasting fish I have ever eaten). Eastern Bay and the Narrows are about the same chasing seagulls small blues and small rocks. Also had a neighbor of mine out this past weekend fishing the same area (Poplar Island) jigging on the bottom and he ended up catching 14 flounders in the 17 to 20 inch range. Been trying to catch one of the flatties all summer and here he slays them with a mister twister........doh!

Edited by Sam

Fished the narrows the other night . THought I might do well. Out going tide nice night almost full moon........Nothing but small fry:binkybaby:..... I think the largest might have pushed 16 inches:cwm10:

wow, a spanish???? Nice catch, I thought they were all gone by now..... And yeah, they are a great eating fish....a little breading and fried up....it does not get much better

OK tried to downsize the picture but not sure how. At least it makes the fish look somewhat bigger:dontknow:. Caught this 27incher from our neighborhood beach (on the Eastern Bay) the other night. Waited most of the evening till close to 12 when everyone left and I was going to do the same packed everything up and just had the 2 rods out. Was thinking "ok its now or never " the one rod started to bounce and I had just enought time to reel in the second rod when "BAM"! Line started zippin out. A few minutes later I had the largest rocky I have ever caught from our beach:icon_thumleft:

OK tried to downsize the picture but not sure how. At least it makes the fish look somewhat bigger:dontknow:. Caught this 27incher from our neighborhood beach (on the Eastern Bay) the other night. Waited most of the evening till close to 12 when everyone left and I was going to do the same packed everything up and just had the 2 rods out. Was thinking "ok its now or never " the one rod started to bounce and I had just enought time to reel in the second rod when "BAM"! Line started zippin out. A few minutes later I had the largest rocky I have ever caught from our beach:icon_thumleft:
Nice job ! Here ya go : Abigf-1.jpg

Nice fish, small and tasty!

To resize, I use MS Paint.

I select stretch/schew and select 30 & 30 and SAVE AS ANOTHER FILE NAME! I do this with a file about 2 or 3 megs in size, knocks it down between 50k - 100k.

Works out to be the perfect size for posting.

There are other proggies that can do it too.

Fished Kent Narrows last night (mon 3rd) caught the out going tide. started fishing at 9:30 and nothing but little ones. Thought ........."Oh no not another night with nothin but little ones" It went like this till about 11 when my budys rod took a deep bend and the fish was on:icon_thumleft: nonstop fish from 18 to 32 inches (majority of them around the 23-25 inch range. Haven't had a night like that there in a long time felt good to catch all keepers. I guess they chased the little guys out. On another note the 32 incher and one other fish were covered in sores they really were nasty.

Work sent a few of us out on a Charter out of Rock Hall. As you can see we had a pretty good day. All fish were caught trolling, most on silver spoons but the largest came on surgical eels both black and red.

Fish.jpg.fecc1ac9e46d0db30756a3a843bba0e

Wow! Nice job on the stripers!

Man o man the Eastern Bay is pretty darn hot right now for some huge Rocks. Buddy of mine went out and caught 42 inchers on light tackle. The only problem is that you have to be there when they are breaking then they are gone. Fished for half the day and saw some birds and caught all there fish in less than an hour then nothing for the rest of the day............

My father in-law has been going out quite a bit lately and has yet to be skunked. The Rocks are thick in the smaller creek mouths that lead to deep water. For him that has been the key, find a deep hole and hit it hard from every angle you can. Most of his fish are coming on lead heads with white grubs and white buck-tails. I can't make it out unfortunately but hopefully this info will help some one else out. :dontknow:

Went out Sun morning in the Eastern Bay and all the way to Poplar Island and Bloody Point. Ton of boats a few diving birds and small fish. Small rocks and large White perch. Water temp was a cool 41 degrees. Also tried from our beach and got the ol skunk going there . Going to try the Narrows in the next few days, if nothing there might have to head down the bay:icon_rambo:

yea that water is cold.......speaking of cold.........went out to Kent Narrows last night. Wind blowing 20mph. cold cold cold....caught 6 fish stayed till 11:30 .The good news is 4 of the 6 fish were keepers 19-21........nice fish but man was it cold