10 posts in this topic

Anybody still post here? Been awfully quiet.

I'm making my annual trip to visit my parents. Will be surf fishing w/my dad next week at Cape Henlopen. Was wondering if anyone has fished there recently and if anything is biting?

The Flounder should be HOT there, along with some trout and blues and maybe even a striper mixed in.

Throw some gulp swimming mullet on a tandem jig rig and jig it slowly across the bottom.

Thanks Jim.

I noticed next week that high tide will be early morning or late evening. Odds are we'll be fishing late morning/early afternoon which is mostly during low tide. Is that going to hurt our chances of snagging some fish?

Thanks Jim.

I noticed next week that high tide will be early morning or late evening. Odds are we'll be fishing late morning/early afternoon which is mostly during low tide. Is that going to hurt our chances of snagging some fish?

You can catch fish at any tide! If there are only certain times of the day you can fish, go ahead an do it. Don't give up fishing just because the tides don't line up.

was at the cape last weekend with no luck. My friend caught a baby shark. Last weekend the surf was high. I am at the cape now beautiful day will post results later the cape now

I caught a few stripers, a bunch of blues and a flounder when I went fishing in mid-Oct w/my dad.

P1000925.jpg.9ae0e2aa59a4e2049b4c4682d57

P1000926.jpg.a956ef3e8e6efdb40fe9d5d8b49

P1000927.jpg.001caba0d15c54f4380d6015dbb

P1000928.jpg.1e3e61aaf33f63e1f06f0a509a0

P1000929.jpg.d94c209f0faaad5c4dcf518cc83

Hit the beach at Henlopen today I had a few bumps but no takers.... not a bad day despite the rain.

Hit the beach at Henlopen today I had a few bumps but no takers.... not a bad day despite the rain.

Glad to hear you get out Oliver...

Glad to hear you get out Oliver...

Thanks Dave... its been almost forever since I've been out, won't get any fishing done but I will see everyone for the tourney. (no tequila bribes please:icon_pirat:) Actually getting ready to head down and toss some lures at Indian River, hopefully will have something to report in a few hours.

sorry for late post, but nice fish. :)