29 posts in this topic

On the shore, still Red Drum to be had. Blues are coming in tearing up the Drum candy so be patient and keep checking your bait. Some of the Blues are keeper size. Not the minimum size, which in my book are far too small to keep, but larger ones up to 20" and larger.

Croaker and Whiting are still around.

Still have big Rays and Charks out there, go play with 'em!

This is the best time of year to find pretty much everything out there, don't pass up on it!

For the upper Chessie: Small and some larger Blues and Stripers can be found. Live and cut bait work but trolling in a decent option pulling spoons and eels. Don't bother with umbrellas and Sassy Shad, the multitude of smaller Blues will tear 'em up.

Mid Chessie: Still a mixed bag with some Croaker and also decent Spot. Top water action for the Blues and Stripers is great, find the breaking bait and toss in. Trolling green eels will fill the cooler with Blues in a quick way.

Lower Chessie: Stripers, Blues, Flounder and small Sea Trout are the game here. Again, quick and easy to "Blue up" your cooler is with green eels. Topwater, jigging and trolling/tossing spoons will get some Stripes on the deck.

Tidal rivers: Sea Trout, Stripers, Flounder, Bluefish, Large Spot and large White Perch can be had at the mouth of the rivers and sounds.

You want Blue Crabs? They are nice and heavy near the river mouths.

Further up the rivers, nice White Perch can be had along with marauding Stripers.

What is the best way to get the curls out of your long-ago used line? Get out there and have a nice feesh straighten it out for you!

Let us know how you did, catch or not....

Thanks Steve. It looks like it's time to get out there!:icon_thumleft:

Headin out tue morning and plan on stayin till late into the night.

went fishing after work and caught this flattie on a live finger mullet on the 50 bridge. 24 inches little over 7 pounds. the belly had a 4" flounder and 2 finger mullet.

100708_19421.jpg.0c75060599b86ac225859b5

as I posted earlier, I went out today around noon and just got home 2am. around 3pm I had a quick take down and got bitten off. Just after 4 line started peelin out, set the hook and 10 minutes later landed a 5 foot sand tiger. then around 10pm seen my rod bounce hard, go over set the hook and bring in a small sandbar, then again as I was leaving I had two rods bounce at the same time, set the hook on one and loosened the drag then ran over to my other rod and brought this one in, again two more small sandbar. Even though i saw some action, still the drum have eluded me so far this year. hope they hang around for at least another week.

10-4-08

A buddy and I hit the narrows we both came up short on the rocks. Here my buddy sizing up his catch she went 17"

The second shot I hit this lil girl she went 17.5"

There were alot of bait guys there ..this is one guys caught...yes a sandal:icon_surprised: I told him thanks for cleaning the narrows his kid translated and we both laughed shortly after he hit this toadfish

IMG_0902.jpg.505c713b7e34ec39c0dea5493a0

IMG_0903.jpg.6abef5a635917f3d186e53fc27e

IMG_0910.jpg.0708e4940e919e947b84bfe83fe

IMG_0904.jpg.505ce3e8d27b8eda37fa7682ed1

Nice flounder!

Yeah, catching that old toadfish is always a treat.

Nice work on the flattie!

Dave...Your in the same boat as me with the drum!:dontknow:

dixie, at least I am not the only one, lol, besides you still have a chance. I hit AI this morning at sunrise till 5 this afternoon caught a couple blues in the 20 inch range and a few skate, between the blues and crab I couldnt keep bait in the water for more than 5 minutes without being cleaned off.

dixie, at least I am not the only one, lol, besides you still have a chance. I hit AI this morning at sunrise till 5 this afternoon caught a couple blues in the 20 inch range and a few skate, between the blues and crab I couldnt keep bait in the water for more than 5 minutes without being cleaned off.

Prime conditions tonightdown here Dave...Caught 8 spot and blues, but the blues devored my bait within 30 seconds of hitting the water. Went through all my bait in 1 1/2 hours and got out of there with the blues still biting! :angry4::angry4:

Gonna have to do a drum dance here or sacrifice something to get a drum!:icon_scratch:

Getting any better size on the Blues?

I love 'em smoked!

Prime conditions tonightdown here Dave...Caught 8 spot and blues, but the blues devored my bait within 30 seconds of hitting the water. Went through all my bait in 1 1/2 hours and got out of there with the blues still biting! :angry4::angry4:

Gonna have to do a drum dance here or sacrifice something to get a drum!:icon_scratch:

I know the feeling, I tried so hard, with well over 300 hours trying, in fact the drum tourney was 64 hours or so then I stayed another 2 hours after the tourney went home then came back the next day for another 14 hours. If you get into them pm me I might be able to make a trip down your way, and will need someone to show me a decent place to fish.

I fished AI today on the incoming time. I caught one Skate, lovely day at the beach. Close to the orv exit the birds were working the waves about 100 yds off shore, I could not see any flashes.

Edited by sandcaster

I went looking for Drum Friday night into Saturday morning. Fished all night using fresh cobs, spot and blues that I had caught in my cast net. Maybe they were in the mood for bunker? :icon_wink:

Beautiful night and a nice sunrise. The water was very clear and the porpoise were tearing the water up about 200 yards out. Lots of birds diving but no drum. I hope someone caught something this weekend.

5852a52bbd871_Assateague10-10-08001.JPG.

5852a52bc185a_Assateague10-10-08003.JPG.

Sam, i fished the exact same spot on thursday, did you see the cut roughly 100 yards north of ya?

Fished Sat 4 pm to Sunday 7 am. We only got a 6 inch snapper/ a skate, and 4 little critters I haven't identified yet. (8-10) inches, brown, eel like..2 spike pointers on the bottom of fish.

It was a beautiful night, from sunset to moonset to sunrise. we fished hard, but couldn't get anything decent. Conditions seemed near perfect.

I had little poles out with mullet, and big ones out with bunker... fish finder rigs, fireball rigs, whatever I could throw at em. just north of the bull pen... and went without a hit for hours on end.

Hope you all had better luck.:dontknow:

Fished Sunday during the day and i only managed 1 skate all day. It was hard keeping bait in the water, someone was cleaning them off within 5 minutes.

Sam, i fished the exact same spot on thursday, did you see the cut roughly 100 yards north of ya?

I saw a nice point about 300 north of me, but I have a feeling the bar was just a little out of my reach at high tide. :cwm21:

This morning...snapper blues drove me crazy after 9am...looking for a late red or early striper...nothing, but I did catch a nice sunrise.

Nice pics Sam.

Sam, believe it or not,I tried to fish there that day, very very tricky wading out there, holes (deep holes) all threw there, I actually fell and went under in one. anyway I hit AI today around 10 am and fished till around midnight, only thing caught was a skate and small doggie. I am getting so frustrated I actually have no desire to go out. think I am going to take the rest of the week off and try again next week. If all else I will give it up within the next few weeks. (we will see!)By the way, Bev had told me of a red being caught off AI Saturday morning, she said it was in the high 30 inch range.

Edited by Dave