13 posts in this topic

can anyone tell me how to catch these red drum on assateauge island , been trying for a couple years now with nothing but failure

Toss a Bunker head out on a 12/0 hook and settle in for the wait. Keep checking the bait, the Blues have been pretty active lately.

Some ppl go a couple years without getting one, others get multiples. It's just a matter of putting in a lot of hours in most cases.

Welcome to the forum Don!

You can use bunker heads, or chunks with 12/0 - 16/0 circle hooks. Whatever weight for the conditions and lots of patience. They can be found in close too.

Here is a good picture of a fish finder rig.

fulldrumrig.jpg.51d8b50b2e57f6f2660d285f

My best suggestion for catching one of these migrating Red Drum...is to sit at the end of Scott Cooper's driveway....until you see him leaving with his rods mounted to his truck....then follow him at a distance....and fish a couple feet away from him when he hits the beach.

My best suggestion for catching one of these migrating Red Drum...is to sit at the end of Scott Cooper's driveway....until you see him leaving with his rods mounted to his truck....then follow him at a distance....and fish a couple feet away from him when he hits the beach.

hmmm... this might lead you to the golf course. I don't think Coops rods ever leave his truck!

Toss a Bunker head out on a 12/0 hook and settle in for the wait. Keep checking the bait, the Blues have been pretty active lately.

Some ppl go a couple years without getting one, others get multiples. It's just a matter of putting in a lot of hours in most cases.

Welcome to the forum Don!

Thanks for the welcome and the info .

Am going to give it another try after the copany i work for's rockfishen trip .

will be spendin all saturday night into sunday morning on assateague island.

Hopefully will have better luck this time

Thanks for the welcome and the info .

Am going to give it another try after the copany i work for's rockfishen trip .

will be spendin all saturday night into sunday morning on assateague island.

Hopefully will have better luck this time

Fish hard at the low tides! that seems to be when the reds are mostly being caught this year.

Fish hard at the low tides! that seems to be when the reds are mostly being caught this year.

thanks ill give it a try this weekend

If I knew who SCOTT Cooper was and where he lives maybe i'd try it

If I knew who SCOTT Cooper was and where he lives maybe i'd try it

if you're on the beach at low tide he's the one pulling the in drum one right after the other while they swim by the rest of us!! LOL ...

my last trip to assateague was a waste of time . spentall saturday night 10/11/08 on the beech . NO FISH AGAIN im done with this island. think i'll stay in /on delaware's beaches where at least i can catch fish. cant wait for the rock fish run

Don,

Don't give up!

We are in a lull at this time in the season, it's normal.

Those that put in the time are rewarded.

(well, most of the ppl)