11 posts in this topic

Hit north of the pier Saturday night with NS4D, Bucket, Malakas, DS422 and Sea2aeS hoping for some drum. No drum to be had, but between us we ended up with some blues, scattered spot, small sandbar shark and a few small specks which were tagged and released.

Nice to be fishing with everyone again and it was a good time, but starting to get a bit :angry3: :BangHead: wondering where the drum are. By far this is the latest I have seen them since I moved here in 03'. Nice to see you guys are still catching them north of us as that give us some hope yet.

Sunday I hit Dam Neck with noncaster and arrived at absolutely ugly conditions. Managed a small sandbar shark on my pup rod (go figure) and noncaster had a few blues, a small black drum (tagged and released) and a porgy when I called it.

Well here's to the NE wind predicted the next few days and hopefully another shot at one come Tuesday night!

Until then I will keep praying for a miracle.......:icon_pray:

After Dixie left, Bucket immediately caught a sandbar shark and then had another bite off. Al also caught a sandbar later on. A few more scattered spot/specks for Al and then Bucket and I called it a night going on 1:00 AM.

It was a beautiful night out there last night. Actually, it was too nice and comfortable. Crystal clear sky produced some shooting stars.

I enjoyed everyone's company and met a couple of new fisherman whom I've recognized on the fishing boards for a while.

Here's to the NE blow this week......:icon_pidu:

I went way way way off......got a White Marlin release at 100+pounds and 80 inches.......18 pound mahi and lots of fat seabass.....stuck on land the next 48 hours...then its off to sea again down south for more reds.....no matter what the wind.

MAHI004-1.jpg

100 lb white...thats a huge one! congrats on the fish.

100 lb white...thats a huge one! congrats on the fish.

WOW! That is a big White Marlin. They were really in big numbers off Ocean City a few weeks ago. Hopefully, you all will see them like that down in Virginia.

Thanks for the reports, guys.

Hey guys sorry been really busy but it was a good time fishing with you guys again too.I look forward to doing it again.

Thanks again for the glow sticks Dixie.

here are my reports so far.

Sunday Afternoon

Hit the same spot north of the pier. Fished the outgoing tide, very first cast I put a fresh spot head on and the drag gave me that tune that I long forgot about. My heart sank and I knew this could be it. Tightened her up and set the hook. I would get a nasty run and some nasty head shake. Finally after a decent fight I got her close the breakers. The sun peered through the waves to reveal a car hood sized ray. I was disgusted. The rest of the evening provided nothing but blues on mullet and spot bodies. Spot heads soaked and soaked but no big red. Called

it a night and went home to watch the Steelers stomp the Jaguars.

Monday Night

Fished the outgoing tide at the duck inn side of the lesner. Brought my little boy with me. Slow slow night. Did manage to get 4 decent sized spot on BWFB. Threw the cast net all evening and got nothing but 3 decent sized finger mullet. This provided the entertainment for my 4 year old all evening. I guess the old filipino Lolo's wanted to educate me on my casting style. So I took some pointers and as soon as one of them left he gave me 3 cob sized mullet. Bait was secured for tomorrow morning. It was a good time at the lesner.

Tuesday Morning

Awoke 5:15 am yesterday morning and headed out to fish the incoming north of the pier. Arrived at the beach @ 5:45am for

glorious Drum conditions. Stiff NE blow pushing bait to the wash. Birds randomly diving everywhere. Flocks of birds working pods of bait 250-300 yards from the beach. Good cloud cover. Nobody on the beach besides one lone photographer looking for those perfect sunrise shots. Spot heads stayed fresh with CFB and BWFB providing a spot every 15-30 min in the wash. Blues were out again in force. So I figured what the hell and kept them. I did manage to score a 13" pup off of CFB in the wash. But no Drum.

If I missed the drum run this year at least I can say I made it for the croaker run. I've never caught so many nice sized croaker but managed to yesterday morning. I caught 3 nice sized croaker. 1st one was 15" 2nd one was 11" and the last one was 13". By 10:30 am I lost the cloud cover and things started to slow down. By 12:30 pm, it was almost the top of the high, I called it and left to the sight of proposes surfing the waves right next to me. Brought the blues and croaker to Grandma for some filipino cooking. A truly majestic morning and a good time fishing.

looking forward to next weekend.

heard you fished it last night Bucket? how'd it go?

Still looking to cure this Drum fever. Maybe more vacation time is in my future?

Anthony

Nice report Anthony!

It ain't over yet, but it ain't looking good either!!

Welcome aboard and good fishin' with you again :glasses2:

Was slow Tuesday night north of the pier again ~ few spots, sea mullet and a small sandbar shark. Hopefully it'll pick up with the NE wind over the weekend :icon_pray:

Plan to hit it again tomorrow evening and possibly this Sunday morning :coffee2: down at the Refuge

`bucket

I NEED TO GO - I NEED TO GO - I NEED TO GO - Surf Cart has been in the truck for 3 months nows,I have the Mag 525 all spooled but not even on a rod yet.............I just cant make myself PARK THE BOAT YET !!

Going tonight Big Boy...Go catch some fresh bait! I'll call ya later!!