10 posts in this topic

Last week I hooked into a sea turtle, I had a conversation with Sam and he had said that he dont remember ever hearing of someone hooking into one and cant remember ever seeing one on AI. This is not the one I hooked into but this is a pick of one from early this spring when the water temps were about the same as they are right now. The size of the turtle is about the same as the one I hooked into.

DSC02401_1024x683.jpg.b4f7f9db081f1603f1

DSC02399_500x333.JPG.6554e1e9260f25f2f17

Cool pic, Dave. Thanks for looking that up. :)

What is the size? Can't tell without something to compare it to.

rough estimate, 4 to 4.5 feet diameter, big turtle, people were driving by and taking pictures with it, in fact one guy even sat on it to get his picture taken. Needless to say after that I had to notify a ranger, Did not want the poor critter to die because of idiots wanting to ride him or some other dumb move.

That's a good-sized critter Dave!

That one must have been lost.

I've seen hundreds of them in FL during the July nesting.

Sitting on it, sheesh......

I guess some ppl are just clueless.

Nice job Dave, I think I would have lost my mind seeing someone sit on a wild turtle @ Assateague. Some people just don't get it.:angry5:. What would have made a nice piture is if someone deck him and then sat on him, while others took photos.

Last... I think it was November i came across a turtle on the beach... it was big... ill try to find the pic... only thing was it looked like it was hit by a boat.. the past year i have seen more turtles than i ever have!

Nice job Dave, I think I would have lost my mind seeing someone sit on a wild turtle @ Assateague. Some people just don't get it.:angry5:. What would have made a nice piture is if someone deck him and then sat on him, while others took photos.

That's how I feel when I see people feeding and teasing the horses! You're right, l8vceagle, people just don't get it.