7 posts in this topic

Well I put in some time this week in some nasty conditions and came up with a pup or two, but no big ones as of yet. I zigged, i zagged, fish long, fished short, fished 1st trough, fished 2nd trough, you get the point.

Anyway, it's drum season and that's how it goes! Missed a few small runs along the way that may have been some slot/yearlings, but nothing huge.

Nice to meet you tonight finally Geo and nothing after you left except a few more blues stealing bait.

Saw a few nice black drum picked up along the way like the one Frankie has below and saw a nice 33" Red today by a friend caught about 30 yards out on a mullet head! Just goes to show with reds you ain't gotta cast far!

f9000361-1.jpg

c6f4439f-1.jpg

Until later in the week, have at it!:glasses2:

Good deal, Steve. Thanks for the pics and report. Do you guys usually see the larger black drum in the fall?

Good deal, Steve. Thanks for the pics and report. Do you guys usually see the larger black drum in the fall?

Actually, usually in the spring. We usually see tons of the small ones about this time.

Actually, usually in the spring. We usually see tons of the small ones about this time.

Hmm.... tons of them..... maybe I should come down there and break the drum curse I somehow got.

Hey Amanda, I hear-tell Jim might head south for a fishin' trip.

Did you tell him it's ok?

LOL!!!!!

Nice clear pics, looks good!

Hey Amanda, I hear-tell Jim might head south for a fishin' trip.

Did you tell him it's ok?

LOL!!!!!

LOL -- she will be right there dragging my behind out of bed at 4:00am and having the truck packed ready to go!