18 posts in this topic

Just looked at the maps for next week...there could be some wind starting beginning or midlle of the week and lasting awhile...not good...hopefully long range forecast will be way off.

Yeah-yeah, I saw that too. Tuesday is supposed to be NE at 21.

I sure hope the long range is off, I despise trying to cast into wind like that. Have to hurry up and wait I suppose.

Prolly too rough to yak, predicting 6-8' surf break.

Yeah-yeah, I saw that too. Tuesday is supposed to be NE at 21.

I sure hope the long range is off, I despise trying to cast into wind like that. Have to hurry up and wait I suppose.

Prolly too rough to yak, predicting 6-8' surf break.

Sounds drummy to me. Can't wait! Only time I fish the surf here in NJ is a stiff onshore wind....don't need to heave the bait too far, should hold true down therer as well. Bait and fish are pushed up against the beach. We'll see.

Got to agree with even steven here. To much of anything (except sex and fishing) as far as wind can be trouble. But here at the "season change" a little mixing/areation action is not bad provided it is not to prolonged and blow all the bait out or past us to the south. Stripers and reds like the rip if there is some bait in it!Just my $.02

I just can't cast worth a hoot after messing up my casting wing.

Forecast has come down to 14 kts, looking good now!

I usually do a 13 hr shift at work than head straight out on the 4 hr drive there, stay up all day then head back well after dark.

Not being 21, 31 or 41 anymore, the wind takes a toll on me after being up for so long. Gets to the point where I see things on the highway that aren't there on the drive home...

Still looking for a camper to buy though, that'll make it all better. :D

Thanks Coop for keeping us informed on this weather pattern! I hope it heads out to sea! I want my drum!

BTW, those model runs are updated constantly...save it to favorites and check it frequently. It amazes me how much it keeps changing from every couple hours.

Now 36-41 mph.

Me not going, me always get skunked in blows like that.

The NWS has issued a warning for the Mid-Atlantic coast.

This system could go tropical later today or tonight. Winds currently up to 40 kts. If it goes tropical, winds will increase along with rain. Seas 8-12 feet, that should make for a closed and messed up beach.

By Friday it should let up, winds still 15 kts this weekend.

If you think about going, call the Ranger Station first.

You can bet areas will be closed due to washover.

Oh, and take a few truck rims for weights.... :D

More than they predicted.

I figured as much...

TODAY

NE WINDS 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 15 FT

Weekend looking do-able, 15 kts.

It's going to depend how much is open and how trashed the bottom is.

Steve, are you going to be able to make it out this year? :glasses13:

Steve, plenty of good days left...the fall has only begun...hopefully stripers in a few weeks...I need some fish on the table...I refuse to buy it from a store.

Sitting here at work, looking at the sinipuxent bay...slight breeze...looking very good this weekend...catchem up!!

Sam, yep, hopefully Tuesday.

As long as I don't have to go out of town and lock someone up, LOL!

Might as well keep this thread going...Models predicting more heavy wind (NE again) come Monday and I am off on Tuesday:angry5::angry5:. Maybe models will be wrong this time...may have to sneak out a late afternoon this week.

Sunday looks beautiful, NE at 10 with 1' seas.

Might as well keep this thread going...Models predicting more heavy wind (NE again) come Monday and I am off on Tuesday:angry5::angry5:. Maybe models will be wrong this time...may have to sneak out a late afternoon this week.

I hope the models are wrong, I would like one last chance at a drum for this year. tuesday is my normal day out there.