4 posts in this topic

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report September 17, 2008

If you plan to fish the surf for red drum, you better make your plans now. The drum started hitting last week and hopefully they will be plentiful for our Red Drum Tournament. Trout (although barely legal) are also running in the surf. There are sharks, snappers, flounder, spot, kingfish, croakers and of course rays and skates in the suds. A few trout are showing up in the Inlet. One of my customers caught a 22 inch trout on live spot while fishing for flounder in the Inlet. Flounder are in the East Channel, Thorofare, Rt. 50 Bridge, Inlet, and behind the airport. I’m hearing more reports of keeper flounder; however, there are many undersized ones still around. A 23 inch flounder was taken up above the Rt. 50 Bridge. The fisherman was jigging using a small jig. It seems the croakers came and went. Not hearing any reports of croakers. A few more legal stripers are being caught at the Rt. 50 Bridge and Inlet. Snapper blues are also around the Inlet, Rt. 50 Bridge and throughout the Bay.

HHharbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, live eels, live minnows, live sandfleas, live peelers, live chowder clams, live spot, and live black saltys.

There is still plenty of time to register for our Harbor Tackle’s 7th Annual Red Drum Tournament slated for September 26 thru 28, 2008. You may register up till 6:00 PM on September 26th. Terry is predicting there will be plenty of red drum around for scoring in the tournament. He is expecting to not get very much rest during the tournament. Terry is taking volunteers for judging. (Please help a crippled old man.) If you have only a couple of hours to judge, he will be glad to accept what time you have to offer. Terry is also looking for volunteers to help judge the 4th Annual AMSA Surf Fishing Tournament held on October 16-18, 2008. He has offered to be Chief Judge during the AMSA tournament.

Why do I have to do all the work? There are still openings in the AMSA Tournament and the 29th Annual Mid-Atlantic Surf Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Ocean City Surf Anglers Club on October 2 – 4, 2008. This year part of the proceeds from the Mid-

Atlantic Tournament is slated to go to the AMSA Legal Fund to help protect our rights and privileges to Assateague Island open for our use. Both the AMSA and Mid-Atlantic Tournaments are 6 member team events.

Beverly, thanks for the awesome ocean bunker the past two days! I think some of them were still kicking in the cooler. :happy7:

Looking forward to the tourney!

Beverly, thanks for the awesome ocean bunker the past two days! I think some of them were still kicking in the cooler. :happy7:

Looking forward to the tourney!

bet you are...

LOL... nah, I think I've used up my store of drum mojo. :icon_tongue: