62 posts in this topic

The weather is still nice and the tides are turning. Lakes and rivers are pretty much the same as last week. The Bays and tidal rivers still have the same crews hanging about. We are just starting to hear of reports of Red Drum in the MD surf zones. The Reds will start showing up en masse any day now.

Get out and fish!!

Let us know how the trip went.

goin out this eve, to try for a red, look for a newer explorer with a yak rack and a hitch haul. will post results when I return.

Am I reading this post correctly? You are up at 10:00am? :confused:

I am looking forward to seeing your new truck!

not a new truck unfortunately, little tired, just got home from work. same old truck but anyway not to hijack a thread, I have got a feelin about the next couple days in my hunt for big red.

Heading out on a charter the 20th and was wondering how the fishing treating everybody by the Bay Bridge? Any news is good news. Thanks Mike

Fished AI today again, same place, the tide was going out, and then dead low.... wind not from SE, but from W to NW. Fish yesterday, today..... the skunk....

I fished Yesterday afternoon into the evening. The wind was blowing from the NW until around 6 then it switched over to the E.

At sunset there were 20-30 porpoise within casting distance tearing up bait for at least 20 minutes. At one point, I reeled in my rods because I had put live spot on and didn't want to hook one of those beasts. I tried to get a few shots before the sun went behind the dunes, but it was tricky.

Around 8:00 I got a good pull on the drum rig! I was sure it was a sandtiger shark. It had the tail hitting the line, the back and forth motion and no real RUN, but definitely some weight. I was very surprised to see this beauty in the suds. She was 47" long, but I didn't get a girth or even a good picture. I just wanted to get her back into the water as fast as possible.

I was later joined by Dave and the moon was just about as bright as the sun. Finally left around midnight with a smile on my face. :happy7:

5852a529ef174_Summer2008155.jpg.9c09735d

5852a529f3076_Summer2008157.JPG.f622401c

5852a52a0437e_Summer2008160.JPG.53fc26c2

5852a52a07fd6_Summer2008163.JPG.90d3e9e9

Nice job Sam I went last sat nite got eatn up by mosquitos stay maybe an hour and left what tide did you get him on if you dnt mind me askn . :brave::icon_thumleft:

high tide was around 8:30 last night, sam's post said he got bit around 8:00

Bout time you got out there and got some pullage Sam!!

Good job!

Right, you don't want to hook a Dolphin, they're like an underwater fighter jet, take all your line, and FAST!

Thanks Ben been busy havent been keepn up with the tides lately.:icon_salut::brave:

It's actually the first drum I've caught on high tide. Gotta love drum pullage.

Awsome catch Sam!!!!

Went out today with a moderate NE wind and a little rain. Nothing for me but did wrestle with a medium size butterfly ray. Nice to start fishing again. Hope to head out a little more often as the fall progresses.

Beautiful fish Sam. I can appreciate wanting to get her back in the water but oh....savor the moment! Congrats!

Thanks guys. I headed out last evening after work and the wind and current were ripping out of the N/E. After about an hour, I tossed out a bunker head and I think I must have hit this bad boy on the noggin. He took the bait as soon as I walked back up to my spike and I seriously must have been in lala land because this guy caught me off guard. I have caught 5 drum now 3 of them have been 48", but this fish was nothing like any of the rest.

He made at least 5 strong runs and took me about 100 yards down the beach. Normally, I don't like chasing a fish down the sand, but I really didn't have a choice with this guy. Between his strength and the current, I had one great fight.

Once I got him landed, I easily removed the hook from the corner of his mouth, carefully put my rod down and sprinted to my Jeep with him in my arms. It must have been a sight, because I was just about to pass out by the time I got to the truck. I got a quick measurement and picture and then back out to the suds. I was surprised when he gave a STRONG tail kick and then he was making his final run back out.

That was probably my favorite catch from the surf so far. I had to drive down to get my rod I was so beat.

Now that's drum fishing!

48-Red-Drum-Sept-16.jpg.e67c51d9df49bd61

Dam Sam!!! You are a catching machine!!! All I can say :icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray:.

Our area is tough to just catch one a season, you've done it twice in a row..simply awsome x 2!!

Gonna get tougher as we get to the end of the week...moderate NE blow setting up.

Sammy way to go!:blob1:

I have put in some time the past two days/nights to no avail with some good conditions, but nada. I'm thinking the water temp here is still a touch high, curious as to the water temp there?

Nice work again and I ain't nuttin but jealous!:icon_pray: