4 posts in this topic

Anyone throw lures while waiting for action with the bait? I'm considering throwing some spoons while my bait rods are spiked. Anyone do this? have any luck with it? OR would I just end up missing strikes on the bait rods with nothing to show for it...

If you do this, what type of Rods do you use? I currently have a few spoons in the 1 - 2 1/4 oz range I'd consider throwing - a 9ft daiwa sealine rated for 1-5 work? If there are blues around, do you need a wire leader for spoons? Or is the lenght of the lure and maybe a snap swivel enough to keep teeth away from the mono?

I'll tell you what. I think you would have success plugging the beach. I don't this it is too popular down south of NJ, but I bet you could do well if you give it an effort.

If you are using circle hooks and are somewhat near your rods you shouldn't miss anymore then sitting in a chair.

Don't underestimate a big popper, the louder you make it the better.

without a doubt...it passes the time and gets one more bait in the water. Stripers and Blues are typically what I've caught plugging from the shore. Oh, if the blues are around, avoid the soft swimbaits, they will shred them and you'll just be ruining your lures....save those for when the Blues aren't around.