14 posts in this topic

At some point after Tuesday of this week, this first real catch of Drum will happen down here in Va. Beach. Probably a nice spot run proceeding it as well by a day.

Time to read the beach, find your holes, respool your line, tie on some fresh shock, tie your rigs, catch fresh bait and go at it!

:blob1::blob8::blob1::blob8::blob1::blob8::blob1:

Here's the weather forecast:

MON NIGHT

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT WITH A DOMINANT

PERIOD OF 7 SECONDS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

TUE

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

TUE NIGHT

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

WED

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

WED NIGHT

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN

THE EVENING.

THU

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 FT.

FRI

NE WINDS 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 5 FT.

See ya on da beach............ !!!!!!!!!:glasses2:

Looks good Steve, do you do Lottery numbers too? :D

Are you live-lining the Spot?

too funny since ya'll pray for NE and we despise it for reds. maybe it will start you early and then come back SE keeping us all in the fish for a while.

sure does look good. on a bait mission tommorrow. hopefully I will get it right tommorrow. I have been looking for cobs the last 3 days and have zigged when I should have zagged.

sure does look good. on a bait mission tommorrow. hopefully I will get it right tommorrow. I have been looking for cobs the last 3 days and have zigged when I should have zagged.

Were you in Corolla yesterday?

yes. drove from the fence up to the fence, back to the can, back up to the fence, back to the can, back up to the fence and then back down and off the beach. I heard that there were some up at the fence late in the evening but I was long gone. I did a couple not long after I arrived but they werent many and I had a hard time catching any of them (I made 3 good throws with a net, got 1 mullet). I think I overshot the school and those I saw were the back of it becasue a few guys caught a some by the can. the water was muddy and I couldnt see any unless they were jumping, swimming on top, or a tight school. menhaden and porpises were everywhere outside the bar.

you need to learn to throw from that kayak of yours

I thought about that, maybe if I had a smaller net. right now the smallest one I have is 8 foot radius (opens to 16 feet across). throwing it would be the easy part, lol. imagine what you would do after you made a good throw with a net full of bait. was that you set up with them boys by the can?

went back up today and same deal, lots of riding but no mullet. was at the inlet at 7 am but it looked really nasty with super dirty water and a lot of grass so I went north...about 60 miles north and was expecting good things with the front coming but it sucked royally. gonna hit the inlet tommorrow. I should have went up there yesterday. there was a BIG school of cobbs, from the sandbar to the beach about 50 feet long and the water was purple with them... from what I heard:angryfire:

I don't wanna sound dumb but what exactly is a cobb fish. Is it slang or is it really called a cobb fish.

I don't wanna sound dumb but what exactly is a cobb fish. Is it slang or is it really called a cobb fish.

Its a certain size of mullet.

Mullet the size of corn cobbs.

Uh-ooh, Jaime has been at the Scotch again... LOL!!

So THAT'S where those darned things came from! :D