25 posts in this topic

Starting to see a couple changes since dear sweet Hanna rolled through. Still have all the regular cast of players in the ocean, bays and tidal rivers. Freshies are taking the bait a little later in the day due to the coolness of the mornings.

A 26" Black Drum was taken at Assateague this week, could more be close or was this little guy lost? Only one way to find out!!

Still plenty of sun warm water and air to get the family out there, go for it! Not much longer to do so.

We are chipping at the edge of a transitional period all over the region; shorter days, cooler temps and more weather weighing in.

Go out and be the first to bring in a big Red or Black. How about the big Stripers? Should be here within a month but ya never know.... Might be next week! Maybe a mid-day LMB or monster Cat?

Looking for a big Blue? Go out now and start on 'em!

As always, let us know how the trip went!

Not really a fishing report, but more a beach report.

the OSV zone is now closed below the bullpen again. They claim overwash, but I am skeptical.

Not really a fishing report, but more a beach report.

the OSV zone is now closed below the bullpen again. They claim overwash, but I am skeptical.

thats funny, virginia section just opened to the point yesterday

AI Rangers moved the closure from 24 down to 28 this afternoon.There is some overwash there.....The Rangers told me that things are looking pretty bad at 31-32....I sure hope that the beach will fill in and dry out there...SOON!

Why close it at 28 if the bad spot is at 31-32?

Why not open it another 2 KM and close it at 30........:hello::help:

Perhaps a liability buffer????

Maybe some goof would get too close and get trapped?

Maybe a secret alien landing?

Maybe the fishing is too good and they want to keep it to themselves?

Just throwing out thoughts...

Perhaps a liability buffer????

Maybe some goof would get too close and get trapped?

Maybe a secret alien landing?

Maybe the fishing is too good and they want to keep it to themselves?

Just throwing out thoughts...

Lol Steve..."liability buffer"....

Hey...it is open to about 31 today.

Has anyone heard of any of these bad boys from or in the general vicinity of Assateague? clear.gif

not from up there but I got a call that they caught 5 caught the other night on a certain pier between AI and OBX.

Nice.. Hopefully it won't be long now!

nothing yet, they are on the move and should be around any day now. they are still being caught in the bay even up in to MD...not pups either.

Edited by Charkbait

rumors on couple of other sites that they are there, no pics yet, just reports of catches

Some that catch, keep quiet about it.

The Reds are either there (small #'s) now or will be shortly.

I like the last 10 days of Sep.

not from up there but I got a call that they caught 5 caught the other night on a certain pier between AI and OBX.

I can confirm that report there PM0909!:icon_wink:

Yearlings have been moving in this week at a steady pace as well!:icon_santa:

Yep, they're on the move for sure. Any day now as others have said. I'm itching to go out there and give a few shots...:icon_thumright:

Oh I cant wait for the drum to get here, they cant get here quick enough.

Fished down near the fence today at A.I.

Caught a nice size southern stingray that kicked my behind, but I did get him beached and released.

Didn't get into any drum, threw all kinds of bait out, spot,blues,bunker,pomps and even some small crabs we caught.

Tons of Pompano around right at your feet. Amanda caught a dozen or so in one toss of the cast net. They also hit king fish rigs with bloodworm alternative on it. None of them really had any size to them though, all around 6" - 8". We did cut a few up to try and use for bait but no takers.

It was brutally hot out on the beach today, even with the strong southern breeze.

Oh well, try again next weekend for Drum!

We fished the beach today. Strong south / south west wind. I caught a nice shark, pictures to follow, I need help with Id. A small flounder, small blues, and one of the guys I was fishing with had a red one with a dot on his tail, but he lost him in the surf. He was big. We saw him as he turned and went east. Tomorrow is another day....:icon_thumright:

some friends and i fished the annual west side fire dept outcasters tourney this year.

we fished everywhere you can think in the sound over the weekend. it was hard fishing.

not really much to report, small fish of every type

red drum, croaker, kingfish, perch, spot, ect ect ect

nothing in the money though

but it was still a good time

Nice reports, guys! I'm glad to hear a few red drum are making a showing.

I was able to get out into the bay yesterday and caught a few flounder and blues drifting the outgoing. I also saw quite a few mullet jumping in the shallows. :icon_thumleft:

Ocean water temps are hovering around 71 degrees and with this S/E wind and plenty of bait fish, we should start catching.

I am pretty confidant that is a SandBar shark. Slight possibility its a dusky though.

sandbar...no doubt.

the easiest way to tell is to look at the dorsal in relation to the pec, this one hits almost near the front half, a dusky's dorsal will be in line with the rear of the pec fin.

the second shark is a dusky.

thanks to Cincinnati Dave for the education!

5852a529e51b7_sandbarID.JPG.df22221aa1cf

DSC_0194.jpg.40a9a502c2e7397b96fbad5e046

Edited by Charkbait

Well all I can say is that there are reds on AI, heard this from a good source :evil6: I'll let him fill in the details.... anyway it's been one long September for me and for a change I'm hitting the beach this Friday with the wife so if anyone is out stop on by most likely I'll be down south near the line...