14 posts in this topic

Are we having one this year????? If so, as anyone thought about a date??????

Was there one last year? I remember going to the spring fling and summer fling but I don't remember fall... I just remember Jimmy doing the red drum tourney

i don't think I ever remember a fall fling before. All I remember is a spring fing and summer shark fest.

If we get cooperation from the weather, it might be nice to try it this year since we couldn't have the shark fling.

It doesn't really matter when we have it, because for some reason none of us seem to ever catch anything during these events.

At this point in time, this would not be an official AtlanticAnglers "sanctioned" gathering. Official gatherings of such require a permit from NPS. This is simply a few folks hooking up and fishing together.

And having a good time!! :D

At this point in time, this would not be an official AtlanticAnglers "sanctioned" gathering. Official gatherings of such require a permit from NPS. This is simply a few folks hooking up and fishing together.

And having a good time!! :D

who got the permits for previous fling's? and - what changed between the spring and summer events? Just curious.

Bill, one of the "persons" here gets the permits. There are quite a few legal factors involved.

I won't get into them here.

Just think of something and it's prolly a factor.

I hear you Steve. It's too bad that it has come to that.

However, the grills will be lit and the coolers will be opened once again very soon, if folks here will join us when we gather for a day of striper fishing in the coming weeks. We had a good spot for our gathering in the summer, and I think if we set up similar to that it should work pretty well.

I am thinking of the first weekend of November. Stripers should be moving around more by then, correct?

And if Trowpa can make it , we will try to keep him in the middle of the group so he doesn't get interrupted by those jerks again. I have never in my life seen such incredible ignorance and disrespect for someone's spot like on that day in August.Jerk offs. Jim's idea will be put into play if that ever happens again. 50 #'s of stinkin' bunker right in their face ought to straighten them out.

Anyhow, 11/1/08 is when I am thinking. Anyone interested ?

we had a nice little gathering for the wedding reception as well in generally the same location as the "not-sanctioned-by-atlantic-anglers" shark fling - had a nice set up and a good time -

that's a work weekend for me - but go with what works best for everyone - if people are flexible i would say 11/8/08 or 10/25/08

I can't throw anything together for this fall as far as "flings" go because I'll be working on the 3rd Annual Striper Tournament! Nov 15-16th.

Seems like everyone's busy - but let's see who we can round up for 11/1 - I can always switch weekends with someone -

check out the "Join me on a fishing Trip forum"