5 posts in this topic

OK,

Hanna is in the path for most of us.

While we still have some lingering wind, seems I have made it out just fine. No damage to house, a few tree limbs, and lost cable for an hour or so.

I'm OK...everyone else's turn to check in and let us know how you are!

I looks like the eye (or whats left of it) tracked about 20 -30 miles east of my house. I don't see any damage anywhere, roads don't even have puddles on them. It been a bit breezy most of the afternoon, but nothing severe. no power outages or even any surges that I noticed.

I hope everyone was as fortunate as I was. I am thinking people to the east of the storm probably got a little more wind.

I had a portion of a tree on my truck. Had to get to work so I drove out from under it and heard the thunk of it falling off.

Weird looks from ppl on the way to work. I figured they were just curious as to why I had a yak on top. Well, I hadn't had time to take it off when I got back from a beach run yesterday.

Got to work and one of the guards was looking at my truck and laughing. I discovered that thunk I heard wasn't the large branch hitting the ground.

It was a much larger branch hitting the yak and getting caught on it. Yeah, all the way in, two Interstates and 70 mph with a frickin' tree attached to my yak.

I left it there and hustled inside, will check for damage in the morning when I get off.

Other than that, in the DC area, just some minor flooding and assorted branches down, limited power outages.

I had a portion of a tree on my truck. Had to get to work so I drove out from under it and heard the thunk of it falling off.

Weird looks from ppl on the way to work. I figured they were just curious as to why I had a yak on top. Well, I hadn't had time to take it off when I got back from a beach run yesterday.

Got to work and one of the guards was looking at my truck and laughing. I discovered that thunk I heard wasn't the large branch hitting the ground.

It was a much larger branch hitting the yak and getting caught on it. Yeah, all the way in, two Interstates and 70 mph with a frickin' tree attached to my yak.

I left it there and hustled inside, will check for damage in the morning when I get off.

Other than that, in the DC area, just some minor flooding and assorted branches down, limited power outages.

You have got to take a picture of that!

slept through most of it, power out for an hour or so and the winds were slammin my screen door but that was about it.