9 posts in this topic

For those that like it from the east, you'll love the next 2 weeks.

Pretty much everyone from Florida to New England will benefit or suffer from the upcoming storms. Got a whole bunch to go through.

two_atl.gif.137236afb0f3c1fd58c49b16aeea

Number one in the above picture looks like it already has a swirl in the associated clouds and something that LOOKS like an eye.

Pretty weird for such early development. Looks worrisome....

For those with a PHD in geography, this is just off the coast of Africa.

Zoom pic of #1:

atl1.gif.de985f64d17f717076e3ddfab05c798

based on this we'll likely see 80 degree water temps well into September.

Shaping up to be a doozy of a season, got lucky last year with the jet stream shooting them all out to sea...don't think bermuda would say the same thing however.

based on this we'll likely see 80 degree water temps well into September.

Shaping up to be a doozy of a season, got lucky last year with the jet stream shooting them all out to sea...don't think bermuda would say the same thing however.

So should we be expecting a late drum run? I am not too familiar with the drum patterns, still confused on why we have a fall run but not a spring run.

if it pans it out it may be like last year...believe the best weekend for reported catches was in early Oct.

IMO it needs to be sub 75 degrees but I've been wrong before.

One thing is for sure, they will come...this is spawing season for Reds triggered by daylight. They spwan at the mouths of inlets...my theory is that OCI and maybe IRI is the northern boundary of their current range that used to extend into new york. They aren't as temp dependent as we let on though, pods upon pods have been spotted schooling in the bay and off VA beach where the water is 80+.

Of course when the storms start up like this the best time to fish is when you can. Any part of the season could be blown out especially when the 3-4 day closures kick in for tides and washover. It makes AI drum fishing all that much more difficult.

If I had close access I'd start any time after the 10th heavily and casually from now until then. Biters will be an issue again with these water temps, last season they were unbelievable.

Well Lo & Behold, that thing turned into Tropical Storm Josephine. There is yet ANOTHER wave about to push off the western African continent. I dunno' if we're ever gonna' get a break on the East and Gulf coasts!! It's like a flippin' assembly line!! To the left of it are Josephine, then Ike.

GMIR.JPG.5145324e1e6104d26edb4200925d534

FYI, boat guys have already strated fishing sargasso mats not far offshore...weed cometh soon.