5 posts in this topic

I met Darrell Parker and his wife Misty at their house at 0600 and we made our way to NAVSTA. I guess we started fishing around 0700, Darrell using frozen mullet and I casted some berkley gulp. Darrell gets the first pup, but it was very slow for a little while. I didn't catch anything using gulp.

TONS of very large mullet in the water. Darrell calls Steve (Dixie) and he meets up with us with casting net in hand. Steve gets us some fresh bait and the bite was on. Boy, what a difference fresh bait makes!!! All totaled we caught about a dozen and a half puppy drum. Some beautiful colors on some of the pups.

I've gotta thank Darrell for getting me out to NAVSTA for some fishing and for Steve getting us the fresh bait. :icon_thumleft: It was my first time there and I hope to be back there again soon. Darrell also will be having back surgery this Wednesday, so this may have been the last time for a little while for him. I'm glad he was able to get some pullage.

Thanks for the report! Good to see you got out and caught something other then grass bass. Good thing Steve has been cast netting up the heck out of the fresh bait. And with your other brother soon to be out of the game for a while even better to see him do some catchin' too :3some:

puppy love `bucket

OKOK I will go tooooooo.......fished Dam Neck w/ a friend last nite-

NO GRASS but did catch a few blues.......Moved to Rudee around 10 and hit the rail.......MONSTER SPOT every now & then but not hot and heavy......first time I stayed out late to fish this season.....

next stop......NAVY STATION NORFOLK !

(AFTER the cancer Doc appointment today)

Speaking of grass......I met the wife and kids in the early afternoon yesterday at Cape Henry Beach. The grass was THICK as &*%@ over there. When is this stuff gonna get out of here????????????