6 posts in this topic

Already into September, summer is fading away...

The water is nice & warm, especially with some of these easterly fetches. Still a good time to go take the family for a dip in the pond.

The usual summer critters can still be found in the ocean, bays and rivers. Won't be long before the scream of RED! comes out.

Get out there and enjoy!

Let us know how the trip went, catch or no catch.

met up with Sam and his buddy Matt for a little bit this eve and not a lot of action until peak high tide, As sam was packin up to leave I landed a small sandbar prolly around 3.5 feet. then half hour later I landed three more in the 4 foot range, Then just as quickly as it turned on it was off again. Four sandbar in 7 hours of fishin and all four caught within one hour period of time. not a bad night. Think I will be heading out again tomorrow eve.

DSC03312_495x330.JPG.f3521b105480dd12800

DSC03308_495x330.JPG.cb18d53beec153475db

DSC03314_495x330.JPG.bbfea298b48a0146a81

Hit the beach today, went down to 24, it was blocked off before that. The black flies were off the chart, a west wind, I stayed too long hoping for a sea breeze to kick in. Caught the skunk.... Tomorrow is another day....

Hit the beach on the third, just before sunset I caught 3 flounder all between 14 and 15 inches, also caught many doggies. As for shark, not even a run. Guess you cant get em every time. That's alright just good practice for the drum tourney. Should be out again one week from tuesday. Need to go out of town for a few days on business so no fishin for a week.

Late AM to midnight, Thursday:

Assateague - south end of Bullpen, closed just below.

Searched from top of OSV to the closure, all nasty water.

Settled in and waited to see if the crashers would lighten up. Nope....

Didn't bother taking the yak off the rack, 2-3 second interval on big waves, from shore to second sandbar. Ofter 3 breaking at the same time, looked Drummy!!

Current was running left, fast. Storm 8's held ok though. Grass is starting to show up along with other bottom trash.

Some deep pockets carved out by the return water, watch your step if going in to play!!

Tossed everything at 'em. Fished first and second trough and very close in. Tried for live bait too.

Nuffin', Nada, Zipper!! No bites escept for 4 green heads.

But hey, the fire was great and drying, stars were in-your-face bright and it was enjoyable.

The drive home yielded black shadow monsters and false traffic.